New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I wanna get your inputs on this problem that I have guys. Unti-uniting nauubos yung steering fluid ko sa reservoir. Napansin ko na may leak yung pump nya on the left side opposite sa belt, I can visibly see it. Drips lang naman, mga 1 month pa before half of the reservoir is drained. Nonetheless it is still a leak, so i'll have it fixed eventually.

I had it check na, once and the mech mentioned that the type of pump that I have is the sealed type at hindi na daw marerepair (like replacing the O-ring or whatever), is this accurate?, He recommended to have the whole pump assembly replaced and it cost me some bucks. According to him a surplus one would cost around 3.5-4k, plus labor pa. tama ba to?

Saan po ba nakakabili ng surplus/brand new pump. How much will a Bnew one cost.

BTw: my car is a 93 corolla XE

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodingo View Post
    I wanna get your inputs on this problem that I have guys. Unti-uniting nauubos yung steering fluid ko sa reservoir. Napansin ko na may leak yung pump nya on the left side opposite sa belt, I can visibly see it. Drips lang naman, mga 1 month pa before half of the reservoir is drained. Nonetheless it is still a leak, so i'll have it fixed eventually.

I had it check na, once and the mech mentioned that the type of pump that I have is the sealed type at hindi na daw marerepair (like replacing the O-ring or whatever), is this accurate?, He recommended to have the whole pump assembly replaced and it cost me some bucks. According to him a surplus one would cost around 3.5-4k, plus labor pa. tama ba to?

Saan po ba nakakabili ng surplus/brand new pump. How much will a Bnew one cost.

BTw: my car is a 93 corolla XE

turbodingo,
    you described the leak as a drip or class 1 or 2 leak. the main reason for this leak is a failed shaft seal. it can be replaced on board by removing the p/s pump pulley and removing an internal retaining ring to get to the seal. reassembly is reverse of removal
    jick

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Parang ang mahal ng charge sayo.

Ang power steering pump ng honda 96 model eh around 1,800-2,500 kasama na labor doon.

Yung sa corolla dapat mas mura pa yan.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nagka leak din yung PS ng Corona Exsior, repair kit ng PS lang nirecommend.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    thanks sa mga reply sirs, yung pulley po ba na sinasabi is yung kinukunekan sa belt?, kse yung drip na napansin ko po is on the opposite side of the belt ng pump.

You have a point sir, dapat nga mas mura sa corolla cause it's a lot more common. Canvass2x ulit

Yung repair kit po sir that you mention, meron din kaya for corollas? or is it generic?magkano po kuha' nyo? at ano po kasama sa kit?

Thanks

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Im having this kind of trouble unti unting drip for 1 week sa Nissan Ultra eagle ko...They already replaced repair kita ba tawag dun,mga gasket and o-ring..pinacheck and tighten ko na din mga hose eh,pansin ko dito after gamitin and ipark sa garage for a week saka lilitaw yung drip pero kapag gamit mo and park ka lang sa mall walang drip...

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    mine also with leak on my power steering pump on my L300 FB...and also the problem is may humming sound kapag turn ka left or right this is because of air bubbles sa linya ng PS...tapos may ingay na din yung bearing ng pump...what I did I removed the PS pump take out the pulley remove retaining lock tapos makita mo na yung bearing for the PS of L300 it is 6202Z tapos oil seal NOK 32/30/18/7 yun yung specs sabi nung auto shop pang toyota corona daw...after that wala nang leak tapos after bleeding nawala na din yung humming sound at swabe na siya steer nagastos ko for parts 140 sa bearing 80 sa seal tapos 20 pesos sa nagpress ng bearing kasi wala akong bearing puller...madali lang kaso lang ingat sa loob ng pump yung impeller nya maraming maliit na components baka mali ang pagbalik mas malaking problem will arise...

Power Steering pump leak