New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meron na yatang mga Taiwan replacement
    rack and pinion for Hondas. I will go for that kesa overhaul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    anong meaning ng 'team fd'?

Yun service center ko.. not only hindi sila marunong mag flush ng steering fluid.. hindi rin sila marunong mag bleed ng air sa steering system. I have air in my rack and pinion for 2 days after they put air in the system because of incorrect draining.. sabi nila normal lang yun...

I was googling kanina "can air in rack and pinion cause leak"... ask ko lang (mga people na alam nito).. is there any O-rings or gasket inside the rack and pinion where air can produce metal to gasket contact cutting a hole in the gasket or O-rings? which part inside a rack and pinion can this occur??
    kuha ka na lang ng opinyon kanila benmawi auto works bro. i suppose hindi masyado nagkakalayo ang power steering system ng civics at crvs kasi same platform naman sila. besides, lahat naman ng kotse gumagawa sila

like i said before team fd peeps before were pretty satisfied w/ their work.it wouldn't hurt to ask honda experts in these matters at mabigyan ka ng options. as it is mukhang medyo nahihirapan ka makakakuha ng straight answers that'll satisfy you

hanapin mo na lang contact nos nila sa google or maybe facebook

3. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Meron na yatang mga Taiwan replacement
    rack and pinion for Hondas. I will go for that kesa overhaul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bakit ayaw mo overhaul?

Many service centers (including the one in Laguna suggested and even Honda) keep saying if meron na tama.. mag leak kahit new seal.. how true is it? San part exactly yun "tama" na binabangit nila? hindi ma repair sa machine shop?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basta hydraulics konting scratch or wear lang mag leak na. pwede lang overhaul pag in specs pa ang dimensions ng piston rods. magkano ba seal kit ng ps rack and pinion? kung wala ka pa naman budget para palitan ng bago baka tatagal pa naman pag seals replacement lang. that of course depends on if the rods are not scratched or pitted.

try mo pa-rechrome kung talagang wala ka budget. sa may p. tuazon sa cubao, forgot the name of the shop, they do chrome plating.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    basta hydraulics konting scratch or wear lang mag leak na. pwede lang overhaul pag in specs pa ang dimensions ng piston rods. magkano ba seal kit ng ps rack and pinion? kung wala ka pa naman budget para palitan ng bago baka tatagal pa naman pag seals replacement lang. that of course depends on if the rods are not scratched or pitted.

try mo pa-rechrome kung talagang wala ka budget. sa may p. tuazon sa cubao, forgot the name of the shop, they do chrome plating.
    mga gaano katagal kaya chrome plating? they also do bigger rod diameter?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010

true, ganyan yung naging trouble nung sta fe nung client ng kakilala kong mechanic. nagkaroon ng micro 'bulutong' yung piston ng brake caliper. kabaguhan pa nung sta fe nun kaya wala pa available parts kahit sa casa. order pa daw abroad and it would take so much time at hindi na makapaghintay yun owner.
    niliha ng pinong-pino then pina-rechrome na lang muna nung mechanic yun piston. hanggang sa nabenta na yun auto ok pa rin.

chrome dazzler yung nasa p. tuazon iirc.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yun! chrome dazzler! they restore classic car parts and do chrome plating of mags.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    yun! chrome dazzler! they restore classic car parts and do chrome plating of mags.
    yup. kaya doon nila ipinagawa yung piston. nasunod naman nila yung ni-required nung mekaniko going with the OEM specs, it's either hindi papasok sa cylinder or mag-leak ulit kung sumablay kasi sila sa sukat.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2016

Wala daw kits yung replacement rack and pinion set ko.. it's Asahi brand ata. I plan to buy yung no-leak fluid add-on depicted in the picture earlier.. does it really work?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post

ito replacement rack and pinion ko for CRV 2004. Know the brand? (I forgot na). Notice yun tie rods are connected to the center (whereas the original is connected to the rack ends). I think yun tinapun original rack and pinion ko naka kabit pa yun inner tie rod so I need to buy a new set of tie rods too if buy ulit ako original.

Puwede ma repair ang replacement? The leak is at the lower boot inside it... any experiences?
    I made a mistake. I thought the original Honda rack and pinion looks like this:

No. The original Honda rack and pinion (see following picture) looks like my replacement pala with the inner tie rods connected to the middle.

Sa car mo.. ano klase naka bit sayo?

Most importantly.. if the original Honda and replacement rack and pinion looks identical.. don't they have similarly measurement of the rack and similar seals so can't you buy the original Honda kit to put in the replacement?? why not?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast