New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1985 View Post
    Magkano inabot mo vinj? Sobrang lapit ko lng sa cruven fairview. As in kayang lakarin. I'm thinking of getting polyurethane byshings nga sa kanila eh. :D

Sent from my H100 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app
    We probably spent around 5K or 8K... this was in 2006.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Tagal pala. I wonder how much their prices have inflated. :D

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    *tagal na pala

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hello all,

I have had problems with power steering fluid leak. I have had the following repairs done:

1. Replace high pressure hose

2. Replace low pressure hose

3. Fixed rack and pinion leak with the repair kit.

This are my questions after all those repairs.

1. Are there other possible source of leaks like the power steering pump itself or steering column?

2. After my rack and pinion was fixed, I heard a humming sound that sometimes comes up. Sounds like it comes from my left front tire but I can feel the vibration on my clutch pedal. Any idea what is the cause? Could my mechanic have done something that would cause the sound?(like remove the suspension assembly on my left tire in the process of fixing the rack and pinion and incorrectly reinstalling it)

3. Had an underwash done and and the sound lessened to a tolerable level and transferred to the right side. Is this normal?

Thanks
    Last edited by totscalilari; July 29th, 2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: double post

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Hm nagastos nyo po?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    as long as constantly nilalagyan mo ng fluid reservoir mo sir. by the way nung bumili ako ps fluid inabot sakin atf fluid, yun ba din yun?? hahaha

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pmxiao09 View Post
    Hm nagastos nyo po?
    6 - 7K. Paisa isa ko kasi ginawa.. saka tinaga ata ako sa labor sa repair kit. 2.5k

8. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by totscalilari View Post
    Hello all,
    This are my questions after all those repairs.

2. After my rack and pinion was fixed, I heard a humming sound that sometimes comes up. Sounds like it comes from my left front tire but I can feel the vibration on my clutch pedal. Any idea what is the cause? Could my mechanic have done something that would cause the sound?(like remove the suspension assembly on my left tire in the process of fixing the rack and pinion and incorrectly reinstalling it)
    Thanks
    Is it a humming sound or more like a low growling sound under the hood?

1. check for any leaks on the ground. try to put a newspaper underneath the car right after you park. if there's leak you should be able to trace it.
    2. check PS fluid kung nagbabawas.

After ko magpa repair ng rack, nagkaron din sa pala sa pump, dahil hindi siguro lapat yun pagkakabit ng mga oil seals. dun nanggagaling yun humming/growling sound. kaya pala nauubos din PS fluid ko ng unti unti, nasa ibang part na yun leak.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Just to share my experience. last 2012 my crosswind had a leak, just few drops in a day. if i remember correctly maybe a teaspoon a day. Worried ako so nag research ako , i know its

expensive to repair. what i did was to buy this product cyclo power steering stop leak. poured

one 12oz bottle and that time i did replaced my tires, i felt the old tires are putting more 'stress'
    on my power steering ( Uneven wear). what happened was the leak stopped. i don't know if its
    due to cyclo or when i had my tires replaced and aligned.

until now it did not leak i can only see moisture at the bottom of the gearbox. its still leaks but
    not enough to drop on the ground on my garage maybe on the streets. until now i never add fluid to the reservoir. i might buy again
    and replace the old fluid. its been 3 years since i put cyclo.

But still i think its best to have it repaired, but make sure to use original repair kit or good replacement and finding an expert mechanic.

thank you

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sir anthon saan nyo nabili yung cyclo and how much?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast