New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Bear with me, this is unconventional but is it possible to lower the suspension of these to the same level as Innova? I know, why not just get an Innova? Well, the engine is not that good compared to 4D56 VGT or the new Toyota 2.5 VNT.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Why do you want it lowered? Normal ride height too high for you?

Ball park answer. No, steering, alignment issues, tyre rubbing issues, ride comfort issues.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Yes you can by modifying the suspension. Although in most terms, you can probably get the standard 1-2" lowering via lowering springs or coilovers. It won't get you Toyota Innova-low, but it'll get you lower than stock height.

Lahat naman may solution as long as you can handle the added problems. I wouldn't worry about tire rubbing seeing the huge huge wheel gap there is on a Monty but you're mainly looking at ride and comfort issues. Then there's the added wear and tear on the suspension...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    So even if we just lower an inch or two, there will still be added wear and tear on the suspension? Thank you for the replies. Guess another option is to sell the Strada, get an Innova and spend on mods for more power.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you are asking for off-the-shelf solution, i don't think there's such animal yet.. but i could be wrong..
    i remember seeing only one such modification... a much-lowered adventure! parang kotse ang baba!

Is it possible to lower ride height of Strada / Montero Sport / Fortuner to s...