New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Just wanted to know if it is advisable to install passenger car tires on an SUV instead of the usual 4x4/SUV tires that the different brands have?

This is assuming that all specs are the same as stated in the manual -- size, load & speed index?

I ask this because it is quite difficult to look for an affordable yet decent performing tire for my Grand Vitara since its tire size is quite uncommon/unpopular (235/60/16).

I was offered a Kumho Ecsta SPT KU31 for P4,400 which is way cheaper than the SUV tires I saw. (Federal - P6,500, Yokohama - P6,800, Bridgestone - P6,100).

Only drawback is that when I researched about the Kumho Ecsta SPT, it seems that this particular tire was made for cars and not SUV's, hence my apprehension.

What do you guys think?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Pwede yan sa SUV sir yan nakalgay sa Sta Fe namin. Medyo nakaka irita lang yung road noise niya

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    check the rating sir. it might be 91H..(commonly used 16" on OEM mags/ex. civic 07) this rate is for cars and might not get hold of the weight of your SUV and might have a problem. i had an issue on this.. a very bad one! I did purchased bridgestome 205/55/16 due to its affordability but later on pay the price of buying it. not sure to describe it,but it blew!.. i parked at a side walk and like an ordinary van just went down the side walk and heard boom at the front left side of the van.. i went out and checked it. there is a slit on the outer layer of the sidewall!! how could that happened? the tire rating is incorrect the type of vehicle that I am using. It should be 93-94H and above. btw. my ride is a toyota/estima.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As long as the load and speed rating are good enough, it will work. Most SUV's don't even use LT (light truck) tires anymore.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Passenger Car Tires for SUV?