New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ladies & gentelemen:

is it ok to upgrade or oversize the tires of my car from 195 60 R15 to 195 65 R15? as of now, i just changed the 2 rear tires, 195 65 R15 & still using 195 60 R15 at my front wheels. ok lang po ba to, the front tires are smaller than the rear tires? but i'm planning to change the front tires too, later na nga lang coz i'm on a tight budget and walang nakkipag-trade in dito sa province namani ng slightly used tires. by the way, my ride is 97 mitsu galant ss.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As long as walang sayad, no problem.

205/60R15 looks way better though. We're using that on our 94 VR.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    that will be no problem, maintaining the same tire width to properly fit the wheels width and the side wheel well clearances.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    thanks for your replies! mas gusto ko talaga ang bigger tires para tumaas ng konti yong ground clearance kasi minsan sumasayad ang underchassis ko sa rough road/humps. ok lang naman pala mag-upgrade

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    check mo muna sa tire calculator kung safe yung gusto mong size vs stock.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    From 195/50/r16 to 195/55/r16.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    check mo muna sa tire calculator kung safe yung gusto mong size vs stock.
    what do you mean po about tire calculator? medyo newbie pa lang po ako sa cars e

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    ladies & gentelemen:

is it ok to upgrade or oversize the tires of my car from 195 60 R15 to 195 65 R15? as of now, i just changed the 2 rear tires, 195 65 R15 & still using 195 60 R15 at my front wheels. ok lang po ba to, the front tires are smaller than the rear tires? but i'm planning to change the front tires too, later na nga lang coz i'm on a tight budget and walang nakkipag-trade in dito sa province namani ng slightly used tires. by the way, my ride is 97 mitsu galant ss.
    based on my experience, ok pa naman yong pag-upgrade/oversize of my rear tires, tapos stock pa yong front tires as I've mentioned a year ago. Indeed, experience is the best teacher. But guys, did the upgrading/oversizing affected my lower suspension arms? o sadyang madaling masira ang replacement na lower suspension arms ng 7g galant? May 2011 lang kasi ako nagpalit tapos since Dec. 2011, may tok sound na agad ang lower suspension arms ko. The previous lower suspension arms that I used have the same lifespan though, may tok sounds na agad after a few months pa lang and lasted only for 1 year and 8 months from date of purchase, where it finally broke down.

oversizing tires