New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Good Day guys!

nagkaron ako ng problema sa ride ko one time. umusok yung sa may gulong driver's side sa front. nung icheck ko sobra init ng mags ko sa front compared dun sa likod. pero mas mainit talaga yung nasa driver side kasi nalusaw niya ung axle boot eh. i replaced bearings tapos nagpalit ng brake pads. pero nung itakbo ko yung sasakyan uminit pa din un front mags. hope you can help me out with my problem. thanks guys!
    Last edited by flame00x; August 19th, 2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: no texting

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER: do not post in SMS/TXT format when posting in tsikot.com[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by flame00x View Post
    Good Day guys!

nagkaron ako ng problema sa ride ko one time. umusok un sa may gulong driver's side sa front. nun icheck ko sobra init ng mags ko sa front compared dun sa likod. pero mas mainit tlg un nasa driver side kxe nalusaw nya ung axle boot eh. i replaced bearings tapos nagpalit ng brake pads. pero nun itakbo ko un sasakyan uminit pa din un front mags. hope u can help me out with my problem. thanks guys!
    Check the brake caliper if the pistons are moving smoothly. Also check the caliper itself if it slides smoothly as well. Check the wheel bearings.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    thanks sa quick response. sorry medyo napamadali kasi yung pagkatype ko ng message..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Given you have already replaced the wheel bearings, chances are your brake calipers are stuck up in some way or another. You can check by lifting the front wheel (with a jack) and give it a turn by hand.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Given you have already replaced the wheel bearings, chances are your brake calipers are stuck up in some way or another. You can check by lifting the front wheel (with a jack) and give it a turn by hand.
    +1. It's almost sure to be a brake thing. If you use your brakes to do a lot of hard stops, they get hot. If they get hot too often, or if your discs are warped, it can cause caliper problems and brake sticking.

When I still had my Sentra, my brakes were always a dull, glowing red by the time I got home at night.... ...my headers, too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    the problem as it was stated occurs only on one side of the wheels. Hence I don't think it has something to do with hard braking or fast driving. I suggest that you bring your car to a shop and have your barake caliper serviced and overhauled. you can buy piston and caliper repair kit, once the problem has been identified.

overheat na mags??!