New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    guys,

which do you think is better in terms of overall performance and reliability and tibay?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi 2Dmax

So far, the OMEs are working good for me.

I've also heard good things about Rancho.

Since I already have OME, I'm planning on going full set up.

Hope this helps.

Good luck on your search.

:regards:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCharger View Post
    Hi 2Dmax

So far, the OMEs are working good for me.

I've also heard good things about Rancho.

Since I already have OME, I'm planning on going full set up.

Hope this helps.

Good luck on your search.

thanks. panong full set-up gagawin mo? for example?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Dmax View Post
    guys,

which do you think is better in terms of overall performance and reliability and tibay?
    hi 2dmax

lots of different people swear by both brands. pero i ask arb for a quote kasi, he quoted p5450 for the ome nitro chargers, kahapon i was n campershells in banawe, yung rancho doon was p6200, i dont know if you ask around pa if it will get cheaper.

pero the guys at campershells advise me to just change the rear shocks if on a budget, kasi yun naman yung tagtag. pero kung may pera, palit lahat.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    depending on the model, the ranchos are adjustable which is good unlike the ome's which are not ata.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    thanks iiinaslao and speedyfix,

ung sa OME daw kasi my sarili siyang part number which is exclusively and tuned for DMAX. i don't know if sa RANCHO, since my 8 settings siya, universal kaya ito meaning puede sa ibang klaseng sasakyan not just for dmax?

iiinaslao, contrary to what in campeshells had said, ARB said that it is advisable just to change the front shocks while the rear are in stock shocks. maybe because pick-ups have a leafspring suspension and changing to new shocks has little effect, unless i-invert ang leafspring or bawasan..

i'm seeking first advises before diciding which to buy para less sisi and hinayang. hehe

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i'd still advise all 4 when you replace shock. para tama yung ride front to back.

rancho is car specific also pero the adjustment can be found on all of it's shocks. pero don't worry, if kasya sya sa pickup mo then it was made for it.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Dmax View Post
    thanks. panong full set-up gagawin mo? for example?
    Hi 2Dmax

Sorry for the late reply.

By full set up, I mean OME dampeners, torsion bars, leafs, greasable shackles, poly bushes, steering dampener.

You're right that OME tailors their systems to specific vehicle models.

As for which to do, well, why don't you try to change all your dampeners first to see the effects.

When I finally get around to the upgrade, I'll let you know the results

Hope this helps.

Old Man Emu or Rancho Shocks?  Which is better???