New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm running a suspension lift now to clear my 33" tires. But I'm seriously contemplating a body lift for a bit more clearance and para hindi mukhang lowrider yung sasakyan.

On a Frontier, you will just need a way to lift the rear suspension if you are going for an inch or two of suspension lift. Either via longer (fabricated) shackles, extra leaves on the spring pack, or a lift block under the stock spring pack. Then just get slightly longer shocks.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Originally posted by Ungas
    Let me guess, other suspension parts? :bwahaha:

It depends on each vehicle, suspension assembly & how high lift is made. For leaf sprung, shocks should be lengthened. Diff angle tilted, propeller yolk lengthened, brake lines extended and other parts that I've failed to mention. Pero sa extreme cases yan mostly 3-6 inch lift kailangan baguhin. Kung mild lifts (20-40mm) kaya pa naman ng stock parts.
    hahaha si boss ungas talaga! pasensya na pinapaisip kita ng sobra! :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May nakatabi ako kanina, 4x2 Frontier no lifts whatsoever. Running on 245/70R16, mounted on Patrol's OE mags 16x7. Imo, kakasya ang 255/75R16, mas maganda ang kalalabasan. Wider tires that's exact fit to the mag's width.

You can use the sizes for comparison and basis.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Nice suggestion !Pero Mukhang mas mapapamahal ako sir ungas pag palitan ko ang mags ko. Pero gusto ko nga din yun kaya lang pang goma lang ang kaya kong bilihin. Ah ganun pala pag palitan ang suspension lift dami madamay na parts.

Sir otep pano po sa harap na lift pag suspension lift eh shocks yun papalitan. para hindi naman nakangudngod ang aking harapan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Shocks have nothing to do with lift. They just control the movements of the suspension. You only get longer shocks because the old ones might be too short after the lift.

To lift the front end, you just have to crank the torsion bars. Most shops charge Php 400.00 for this service but you can do it at home and just leave the alignment job to them para makatipid ka.

Madami nang topics dito about cranking t-bars.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    hmm? sige pagaralan ko muna kung san nakalagay ang torsion bar. and paano ito icrank baka kasi ako maipit sa ilalim hehe. 2k ang sinisingil sa akin sa talyer e kasama na ang padagdag ng leaf pero ako bili ng leaf. Mahal pala ng pinagtanungan ko.

Sige baka bodylift nalang mukhang mapapamahal ako pag palitan ko shocks ko pag suspension lift. Next time nalang ako pasuspension pag may pera haha.

Salamat

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A body lift 2" or less is usually a very painless procedure. I don't know about Frontiers, but on Pajeros, there is enough slack in the wiring, brake lines, hoses and other stuff allowing for an easy 2" body lift.

The Mitsubishi section of www.4x4wire.com has t-bar cranking instructions. Pareho lang yan ng nasa Pajero.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sige i'll check it right away at pagaaralan.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
nice tire size for pickup torsion and leaf lift