New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Guys, how do I check if my defogger is working fine? Di ba dapat orange yung color nun sa rear windshield but I was able to see some black color lines. Does it mean may damage na yun? Or when I turn the defogger on and the whole window heats up ok pa yun?

Also, what is the correct tire pressure in psi for cars like city. is 28 sa front at 30 sa back ok?

Hope to hear from you guys.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on the defogger, as long as it works as you've mentioned, it is ok. wala sa color yun.
    tire pressure depends on the diameter/size of the tire. for 14-15 inchers, usually the average pressure is around 30 psi. much better yet if you maintain equal pressure for all of the tires.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    so if I turn on the defogger tapos uminit yung buong rear windshield ok pa yun. 185R15 yung gulong. i'll maintain equal pressure. 30 psi for all. Thanks a lot!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Try parking your car in a place where fog usually develops, perhaps Tagaytay, Baguio or any near spot you know. Then turn on the defogger and observe the lines that don't heat up. If there's such, it's already damaged. There are repair kits you can buy at accessory shops, but I'm not sure if they really work.

As for tire pressure, just follow the ones indicated on your vehicle manual. You can go a bit higher or lower than that though.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    park your car outside when it's raining, let the engine idle and dont turn the AC on. once it started fogging, your rear windshield, turn the defogger on, if the window clears...then its working.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just spray a fine mist of water on the rear window (from the outside) and then switch on the rear defogger. The lines of the defogger will show up in a minute or two. No need to go to baguio nor misting up your windows by some body heat.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    i've got a honda city too (185/55 R15) and the recommended tire pressures as printed on the door jamb are : Front-32psi and 30psi for Rear.

I find this logical as the front carries a lot of weight. Also, as per my observation, i achieve better fuel mileage (averaging 17km/li) if maintained at that pressure. If the front goes below 30, i feel a little drag already and as expected, medyo bumababa km/liter ko.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    turn the defogger on, remove the socket to your defogger then just tap it on the male terminal. see if it produces a spark. if it does, you have a complete circuit and your defogger is working fine.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks to all of you guys! with regards to the tire pressure, resmile is right. yun ang nakaspecify sa door jamb ng driver's door. Parang ang taas kasi ng 32psi sa harap that's why naguluhan ako. But since may gumawa na pala nito at mas ok ang FC, will do exactly that.

I appreaciate all you advises and recommendations.

Newbie here: Question re defogger and correct tire pressure