New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Team,

I need your help. I just got a 1999 CRV. Just like any vehicle that has seen better days, it needs a few replacements and repairs here and there, one of which are its tires. At present, it is fitted with Pirelli tires size 225 70 R15 on the front wheels and Bridgestones (same size) on its rear. The pair on the rear need to be replaced already.

Question: Just like most, I am on tight budget soming out from the Holiday season. How I wish I can have all 4 tires replaced but I am cash-strapped at the moment. I only have money for a pair of new tires. I would like to bring back the tire sizes to the original 205 70 R15. Are there any compelling reasons why size 225 are better than the stock 205? Is it OK if I put 205 on the front and use temporarily (until the 225 pair needs to be replaced).

My apologies in advance for any of my stupid questions. Thank you also in advance for any response.

Cheers!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I had a Ford Ranger XLT where I also had different size (width) and brand of tires for front and rear. I usually drive around 100-120kph in good stretches of road in Palawan and I've not had any major problems. Only drawback is that grips may be different especially on hard braking.

Mixing Tire Sizes on a Honda 1999 CR-V