New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Using a single set of brake pads would be fine but it usually have one problem, brake fade at higher temperatures.

Hi performance pads are great when they have tiem to warm up but don't grip well when cold.

Someone mentioned that a compromise can be done by putting two types of brake pads per wheel. One pad would be for cold to hot. The other pad would be for warm to very hot.

Is this really a workable idea?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Doesn't sound too safe to me, man

I'd rather have streetable pads for the street and high-performance pads for the track versus mixing them to use for both applications. At worst, it takes 30 minutes to switch pads anyway, so why compromise your safety and rotor life doing this?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I don't think thats a good idea. Having 2 different will lead to uneven wear, This can cause so many other problems, worst is it can ruin your rotor.

Safest answer is invest on good brake pads, and stay away from china brands. if you need the brand I can PM it to you.

Brake pad advantages are determined by MU. You can research on the operating MU of Bosch power plus pads, and see the advantage

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Instead of per wheel, why not do this per axle (assuming that you have disc brakes on all four corners)?

Front = Street Brake Pads
    Back = Competition Brake Pads

But still I would doubt the effectivity of this plan.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    whoever said that hit him/her in the head.

the pads squeeze together so what difference would it make if you put 2 different kinds.

imo get mild sport pads or those used for gymkhana in japan that have a rating of 0-350 to 0-450. these should be able to take some abuse and still grip well when cold.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wow... this thread was started in... 2003?!?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    super bump ah!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hayup na bump up ito ah!

BTW, me in Boracay... kinda stormy though...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wrong time to go. Sabi nga ni MBT na umuulan din doon. Not the time of year to get a good tan.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well it was raining a bit but not all the time...

I'm back in manila!

Mix and match brake pads?