New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Any input about this tires grip,noise,performance on wet and dry,mileage etc...to be use in crosswind xuv. use in city driving and out of town once in a while. thanks in advance...

MICHELIN

MICHELIN Latitude Cross is the multi-purpose SUV tyre that delivers the traction of an off-road tyre, the comfort of an on-road tyre, with exceptional mileage.

Wrangler HP AW

A true all-weather, high performance 4x4 tire. With SmartTRED weather reactive technology for effective traction in dry and wet conditions.
    Category: SUV / 4X4
    Size: 235/70R15

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Haven't used the Cross, but we used the Latitude Tour for quite a bit. Expensive tires, but very quiet, decent grip, good braking and very long lasting.

The Goodyear HP AWs have much better performance than the Latitude Tour, but I don't know how they compare to the Cross... since the Cross is a mixed on/off-road tire, it is probably a bit noisier than the Tour and not as grippy on pavement as the HP AWs.

I don't know about the durability of the HP AWs... they weren't on my personal car.

For a Crosswind, you will probably be happy with the regular Michelin Latitudes. No need for the Cross unless you go off-road a lot. We loved ours.

Of course, we replaced them with Kumho ECSTA APTs... very good tires, but not as good as the Michelins... still, they're quiet and performance is pretty good. I like them better than the SPTs we have on our CR-V. (better grip, but very noisy and wear unevenly)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Haven't used the Cross, but we used the Latitude Tour for quite a bit. Expensive tires, but very quiet, decent grip, good braking and very long lasting.

The Goodyear HP AWs have much better performance than the Latitude Tour, but I don't know how they compare to the Cross... since the Cross is a mixed on/off-road tire, it is probably a bit noisier than the Tour and not as grippy on pavement as the HP AWs.

I don't know about the durability of the HP AWs... they weren't on my personal car.

For a Crosswind, you will probably be happy with the regular Michelin Latitudes. No need for the Cross unless you go off-road a lot. We loved ours.

Of course, we replaced them with Kumho ECSTA APTs... very good tires, but not as good as the Michelins... still, they're quiet and performance is pretty good. I like them better than the SPTs we have on our CR-V. (better grip, but very noisy and wear unevenly)
    Thanks boss niky for the info.
    But i think no 235/70R15 for the michelin latitude tour hp?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Try asking for whatever highway-biased Michelin Latitudes they have.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    okey, by the way thanks...

Michelin Latitude Cross Vs Goodyear Wrangler HP