New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    hello guys (and gals)!

i hope you would be able to help me out.

i've started to hear some metallic noise (squealing sound) from the front right wheel of my '99 CRV. i hear it when its running, not when i step on the brakes. (sounds like eek-eek-eek) what could the possible problem be?

i would like to get some ideas from you sana so i would know what to expect when i go to a shop to have it repaired. at para di naman halatang zero knowledge ako sa car maintenance.

btw, the v's mileage is now at 60,000 miles. things would be easy sana if i were there (back in manila) but im currently living in the US.

please, me!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    those are probably your brake wear indicators. it may be time to replace the pads - have them checked

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ok thanks! i'll have it done this weekend.

btw, about the same time last year, i had the brake pad/disc/etc.. whatever you call that thing replaced (with OEM din), plus some parts pa.. the car wasnt really used that often, pang weekend lang.. so parang ang bilis naman kung same thing. confused. :question: anyway, sana nothing major.

i appreciate your input, M54 Powered!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its either that or some wheel bearings, i think. nangyari din kasi sa singkit ko yan before, may metal sounds while running. nung binuksan, durog yung wheel bearing.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    oops! it was not last year pala that repair was done. january this year lang pala. the work order says:

R&R front brakes install front pads
    machine front rotors
    perform brake inspection & report
    clean and adjust rear brakes
    total damage (ok it didnt say damage. hehe) $233.81

anyway, drove the car today to make a short trip to wendy's.. and whoa! the noise is gone!?! i've got an appointment tomorrow sa repair shop at 8am.. should i still go? hmm..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Nucci, have you tried having your brakes cleaned? Baka nabaha yan or madumi lang talaga or maybe needs some kind of brake adjustment lang. Have it checked by a professional. Doesn't sound that serious though.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    jayelgee, nabaha? hindi naman. it rarely rains here in california. although after nung automated bodywash (with undercarriage wash) nangyari yung noise. baka na-dislodge yung dumi.

anyway, i'll have it checked bukas para matapos na agony. hehe

i appreciate all the inputs, guys. thanks again!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jayelgee: he posted it, it was cleaned.

Probably just a small pebble or something lodged in between the pad and rotor.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    oops, cali ka pala, nucci...thought you were in manila...baka nga small pebble as theveed said...simple lang yan...i wouldn't lose sleep over it...

metallic noise coming from front wheel