New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I need to add more power steering fluid sa Mazda3 (2.0 engine). Ano po gamit ninyo na brand? Naka lagay sa manual is M-III.

By the way, I hear high pitch humming sound if I turn the steering wheel. The fluid is currently in between low and max.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bboyukoy View Post
    I need to add more power steering fluid sa Mazda3 (2.0 engine). Ano po gamit ninyo na brand? Naka lagay sa manual is M-III.

By the way, I hear high pitch humming sound if I turn the steering wheel. The fluid is currently in between low and max.

Thanks.
    High pitched whining when turning the wheel is usually caused by insufficient PS fluid and/or a leak somewhere in your hoses (most likely the high pressure hose). Fill it up to nearly full and see if it goes away after a short while.

A low fluid level that churns in the reservoir introduces air bubbles which makes the whining noise. You can verify this by observing for froth in the reservoir.

Change PS fluid if necessary and inspect for leaks as well.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Ano pwede pang palit sa M-III at Dexron II na power steering fluid? Wala ako makita. Na try ko mga 6 na stores inside and outside the mall.