The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Say, nice link..... Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    Sarap nga sana..... I just had a thought....Hmmm. If I got bigger tires which will improve the driveability of the 06 Sonata, my wife might start driving it more. Then I'll be stuck with the old Ford Contour.... Kailangang pagisipan ko nga muna.....

Add: Masarap i-drive yung Contour because of its sports suspension. Wala nga lang torque dahil sa maliit na V6.
    remember too how the ride is will get stiffer, esp with 20s. i have 18s with firm suspension and i feel everything on the road but i got used to it. i also made sure my wife is ok with the ride. i tried an fx with 20s before and it felt almost like leaf springs on small road imperfections. i like the look, but im not sure about daily driving with it. that said, it might work for you. wife may not like to drive/ride the car a lot

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by max95fx03
    remember too how the ride is will get stiffer, esp with 20s. i have 18s with firm suspension and i feel everything on the road but i got used to it. i also made sure my wife is ok with the ride. i tried an fx with 20s before and it felt almost like leaf springs on small road imperfections. i like the look, but im not sure about daily driving with it. that said, it might work for you. wife may not like to drive/ride the car a lot
    My wife is used to a stiff suspension. My Laser certainly has a stiff suspension as does our Ford Contour which has the sports suspension option. That's why she loves that Contour so much and drives it more than our Sonata. She can fling that car around in the twisties like a pro and the precise steering appeals to her.

I figured I should put bigger tires on the Sonata as it should have had in the first place and give it a more sporting demeanor (that 3.3L engine deserves nothing less).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I figured I should put bigger tires on the Sonata as it should have had in the first place and give it a more sporting demeanor (that 3.3L engine deserves nothing less).
    as it should have in the first place? sporting demeanor 20-inch? are you serious?

yun ngang STi and EVO naka 17" lang and it makes more hp than your Sonata. What 'tuners' do is upgrade their tires to a wider and stickier tires as opposed to wheel diameter The biggest plus size that they usually get is 19" (lightweight 19-inch that is)

Ano nga palang brand ng wheels mo kapatid? Dahil kung gusto mo ng performance and sporty, you should have opt to a lightweight wheel like Volks.

ano ba suspension setup mo sa Laser? At sa Ford Contour, the so called sports suspension is what again?!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    as it should have in the first place? sporting demeanor 20-inch? are you serious?
    Oh c'mon. I meant 20" rims with 17" (or 18") low-profiles tires. Actually it's 17" tires and rims. But 20" rims fit fine too.

Ang ganda ng display model sa Hyundai dealer. Ok rin naman i-drive. Plus, they're waiting to drop in a supercharger. *Drool, drool*.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    kala ko din 20s ang pinaguusapan isip ako ng isip kasya kaya? kung kasya, anong feel ng ride? 17s or 18s will be good for your ride i think.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by max95fx03
    kala ko din 20s ang pinaguusapan isip ako ng isip kasya kaya? kung kasya, anong feel ng ride? 17s or 18s will be good for your ride i think.
    The alloys are 20" But the tires are equivalent to 17".

Punta nga ako sa dealer bukas para maka-take ng picture..... Ang pogi ng sample car nila. Bagay sa akin.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh c'mon. I meant 20" rims with 17" (or 18") low-profiles tires. Actually it's 17" tires and rims. But 20" rims fit fine too.
    so you still have a 20" alloys, correct?

Well then, you have a 20-inch rims period.
    Last edited by Karding; January 21st, 2006 at 08:23 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
May gain ba pag nag palit mas malaki at malapad na tires?