New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    That's a bad case of corrosion. does the brake vacuum get exposed to moisture often?
    Nope. I haven't done engine washes na for the longest time. Puro punas punas Lang ako. And also medyo garage queen na iyan

Medyo Pala-isipan nga eh.

Sent from my RMX3690 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    nabulok na pala yan brake booster mo eh.. buti naka kuha na ng kapalit

lakas maka corrode ng metal yan brake fluid.. kaya nung minsan may maliit na leak yung sa adventure ko, pinalitan ko agad yung seals.. then paint din agad ng brake booster.. kasi natuklap na paint
    Brake fluid from the outside ba iyon? Splattering from the brake master? Malabo ata iyon. Wala din bawas Ng brake fluid eh maski nung nagpalit ako Ng brake kit Kasi sira na din seals niya kaya squishy Ang tapakan (w/c I think was the reason bakit nasira Ang diaphragm nuong hydrovac).

Last edited by baludoy; February 2nd, 2023 at 11:37 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    Brake fluid from the outside ba iyon? Splattering from the brake master? Malabo ata iyon. Wala din bawas Ng brake fluid eh maski nung nagpalit ako Ng brake kit Kasi sira na din seals niya kaya squishy Ang tapakan (w/c I think was the reason bakit nasira Ang diaphragm nuong hydrovac).

break fluid spatter from during break fluid refilling events in the past.
    ngayon ko lang na-isip: that's why dad would always wipe clean the metals around the master cylinder after refils, using lotsa water.
    even only one drop of break fluid will soften and do away with the paint protecting the sheet metal of the break booster body underneath, exposing the latter to the atmosphere.
    after several years, that raw, exposed metal would have rusted thru.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 2nd, 2023 at 11:58 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008

Pinasok yan ng brake fluid.. may minor leak na yan seals.. baka hindi din nalinis na maigi nung nag palit ka ng brake kit..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    malayo Ang brake fluid reservoir sa hydrovac kaya Hindi din Siguro doc. Medyo tago iyong brake booster sa likod ng engine bay Kasi nga Malaki iyong k20 power plant niya kaya cramped masyado iyong engine bay. It's actually 1 of the set backs of this trim.

Probably iyong corrosion due to the fact na my fd was released in 2006 pa. 4th of its kind released locally if I understand the Vin № code correctly.

Anyhow, I'm just glad this saga is over and done with. Matigas ang Brake Pedal

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    malayo Ang brake fluid reservoir sa hydrovac kaya Hindi din Siguro doc. Medyo tago iyong brake booster sa likod ng engine bay Kasi nga Malaki iyong k20 power plant niya kaya cramped masyado iyong engine bay. It's actually 1 of the set backs of this trim.

Probably iyong corrosion due to the fact na my fd was released in 2006 pa. 4th of its kind released locally if I understand the Vin № code correctly.

Anyhow, I'm just glad this saga is over and done with. Matigas ang Brake Pedal

san kayo naka-hagilap nang replacement unit?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    san kayo naka-hagilap nang replacement unit?
    sa suki ko na salesman dati ng mitsubishi parts na nagsarili na. i ran into him fortuitously and i asked him if he can help me look for for the said part.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Matigas ang Brake Pedal