New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Sir/Maam good day,

I'm planning to drop my ride, and settled in a 1.5inches drop, i read about that somewhere here in the forums na yun yung safe drop ika nga.

may nakita ako sa mga online ad sites na mga lowering springs na R1-racing and GAB brands.

mura kasi sya, aroung 6k something yung R1-racing and around 8k something naman yung GAB. Both brand new.

may naka-experience na po ba sainyo ng mga brands na ito?

or if may maisusuggest kyo brand, na subok nyo na, mas okei yun, with price po sana mas okei.

hindi ko gagamitin for racing, pang daily driven lang, gusto ko lang gumanda ung tindig ng auto ko.

maraming salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I have an experience with H&R springs when I lowered my Toyota Altis 2007. Very nice pa din ang ride. One thing to look out for if you are going to do it is the progressive spring rate. Since the height spring is shorter, the spring becomes stiffer the more it compresses to provide resistance. Also make sure your wheels sill fit properly with your fender. Don't forget to get your wheels aligned afterwards.
    About the 1.5in drop is what I can recommend. Had no problems with usualy humps axcept really large ones in exclusive villages and provincial railroad tracks that are elevated.
    Hopefully you'll enjoy it.
    As with all the things in the world, expect to pay more for higher performance and dependability.

lowering springs question