New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterZerg View Post
    hey guys good morning... i just wanna know which is better..balak ko kasi lowered ung auto ko.Mine is a honda ESI i heard may disadvantages ung putol lang kasi nakakalas.san and magkano kaya maganda pagawa? thanks in advance
    Cut springs are not good because:
    -they will not seat properly.
    -they can fall out of the seat when the suspension gets fully extended.
    -the cut end is heated and bent to create a "flat end" for the spring to seat but the heating process can cause the heated portion to crack/break under stress of normal use.
    -they will be stiffer but the amount of stiffness might not be proportional to the amount of drop, causing the suspension to bottom out often.
    -they will not match with the stock dampers, resulting in a bad ride.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 6th, 2007 at 12:01 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Cut springs are not good because:
    -they will not seat properly.
    -they can fall out of the seat when the suspension gets fully extended.
    -the cut end is heated and bent to create a "flat end" for the spring to seat but the heating process can cause the heated portion to crack/break under stress of normal use.
    -they will be stiffer but the amount of stiffness might not be proportional to the amount of drop, causing the suspension to bottom out often.
    -they will not match with the stock dampers, resulting in a bad ride.
    gh is correct. dont go the putol way. buy 2nd hand lowering springs if you have limited budget... there are lots of 2nd hand lowering springs sold at the classifieds and at other car-related forums like mymitsuph.

let me share my personal experience with putol.... i had mine done before... and sama ng ride, in which, maski NLEX na, ang tagtag pa rin. my shocks got busted too after a year and the bushings and the joints were destroyed. had to shell out moolah for a complete repair of my front suspensions.

i also have a friend who drives a lovelife corolla na putol ang springs. one time, pag-ahon nya sa humps sa may village nila, kumalas yung springs sa seats... hindi na maibalik and his car, aside from needing to be towed back to his house (his house was really just a few meters away - using a front lift towing...), his suspension system also was destroyed, pati fenders nya, and front chins nya, nasira.

ganda lang sya tignan... pero di sya maganda sa bulsa...
    as i've mentioned earlier, keep it in stock height, or invest in lowering springs...

and yes, if your front shocks are fluid types, mas mabilis din sya mag wear out if you are using lowering springs... advise is, if you will change your springs to a lowered one, invest also in gas-shocks...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    tnx guys.. so it seems mas ok lowering springs..balak ko sana harap lang e.pero i heard na dapat set pag nag benta... how much kaya ang lowering springs na 2nd hand is it available sa banawe? or kung ung taiwan na brands na bnew ok ba un?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tama yun... di sapat na lowering springs lang... dapat change shocks na rin if your stock shocks are soft.

I've only seen a few types of cars that can get away with lowering springs without needing new shocks... in my experience, Corolla and Exalta shocks are too soft to last long when lowered (cheaper Sentras have stiffer shocks or lighter bodies or both, and seem to do okay without new shocks).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    How about on a honda accord with kyb shocks front and rear, kelangan ko pa ba magpalit ng other suspension parts or pwede kahit lowering spring lang? balak ko sana either h&r na oe sport or tanabe nf

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Tama yun... di sapat na lowering springs lang... dapat change shocks na rin if your stock shocks are soft.

I've only seen a few types of cars that can get away with lowering springs without needing new shocks... in my experience, Corolla and Exalta shocks are too soft to last long when lowered (cheaper Sentras have stiffer shocks or lighter bodies or both, and seem to do okay without new shocks).
    sama mo na mitsu pre...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d View Post
    How about on a honda accord with kyb shocks front and rear, kelangan ko pa ba magpalit ng other suspension parts or pwede kahit lowering spring lang? balak ko sana either h&r na oe sport or tanabe nf
    pwede na muna yan initially bro.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    magkano po kaya pag front lang lagyan ng lowering springs? mas ok ba bnew or ok na rin ung surplus?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    walang binebentang front springs lang. set lagi. besides, mas ok porma and handling ng lowered on all 4 corners.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    How much would surplus springs go for? let's say... a 1.5" drop.

*Masterzerg: Boss..what size mags do you have right now?