New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Why are you focusing so much on wheelie bars? Agree with ssaloon, get that engine swap, suspension, break, tranny, etc upgrade, gotta get more power to the wheels first before you think of anything else...

huh?Well I've seen it for myself at PDRF event an EK chop top hatch and an EG hatch both has wheelie bars.
    yan ba yung kay Matto Tan?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    kelan ba ang swap na yan? parang aga ata masyado to consider other burloloys for your car :rofl01:

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    The question is do you have the funds to support your willy?

"Boom tarat tarat boom tarat tarat tararat tararat boom boom boom"

Oh i was thinking about of the wrong Willy
    Last edited by HyBrideVo; April 13th, 2007 at 01:03 PM.

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    Alam mo Gearspeed, kung medyo naiinggit ka sa willy este whellie ng ibang tao kasi yung sasakyan nila ay may ibubuga at may "K" sila.

Kung sa Stock na kotse mo lang ilalagay eh di samahan mo na rin ng lumang fire extinguisher tank at bumili ka ng Pylox na sky blue at pinturahan mo. Eh di may instant NOS upgrade ka na.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gearspeed View Post
    huh?Well I've seen it for myself at PDRF event an EK chop top hatch and an EG hatch both has wheelie bars.
    Really? I can't think of any reason why that would be necessary. As soon as the front wheels lifted off the ground (a feat in that in itself would require extraordinary cirumstances), there would be no more acceleration, and the front end would plop back down.

Simply put, it's physically impossible for a front wheel drive car to do a wheelie under its own power.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin View Post
    Alam mo Gearspeed, kung medyo naiinggit ka sa willy este whellie ng ibang tao kasi yung sasakyan nila ay may ibubuga at may "K" sila.

Kung sa Stock na kotse mo lang ilalagay eh di samahan mo na rin ng lumang fire extinguisher tank at bumili ka ng Pylox na sky blue at pinturahan mo. Eh di may instant NOS upgrade ka na.
    oh baka sisihin mo na naman dad mo at ayaw ka niyang ibili ng K20A at sagutin din yung pagkabit ng makina sa oto mo?

here i :loopy::hysterical::twak::shhh:

ok na pangontra to sa mga nagaangasan sa parking lot,a...daming expired na extinguisher at pylox sa hardware namin... sticker nalang...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Hindi naman nagtatanong lang.

As soon as the front wheels lifted off the ground (a feat in that in itself would require extraordinary cirumstances), there would be no more acceleration, and the front end would plop back down.
    They are still using it at PDRF event.

baka sisihin mo na naman dad mo at ayaw ka niyang ibili ng K20A at sagutin din yung pagkabit ng makina sa oto mo?
    Secret na yun

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MPower View Post
    Really? I can't think of any reason why that would be necessary. As soon as the front wheels lifted off the ground (a feat in that in itself would require extraordinary cirumstances), there would be no more acceleration, and the front end would plop back down.

Simply put, it's physically impossible for a front wheel drive car to do a wheelie under its own power.
    The unfortunately named "wheelie" bar for front-drivers is meant to keep the front wheels from ever leaving the ground. Once you've got over 150 ft-lbs of torque or 200 hp (whichever comes first) going through the front drive axles, you want to do everything you can to keep those front gumballs planted.

But unfortunately, gearspeed is going about it all wrong. The wheeliebar is the last thing you'll need.

To keep those fronts planted, you need to modify in this order:
    1. Engine mounts (solid)
    2. Suspension (stiffer shocks and springs), preferably with a 1-2" lower front to shift the weight forward (not too much, though...)
    3. Tube frame or roll-cage (to keep the chassis from flexing)
    4. Wheelie-bar (but only once you're past 300-400hp... and even then, some people don't use it... it's mostly used on tube-frame racers)

If you've only got an NA motor, the wheelie-bar is mostly cosmetic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gearspeed View Post
    They are still using it at PDRF event.
    Wow. What a salient and insightful point. I take it all back. I guess if amateur drag racers do it, it must mean that physics are wrong, and an FWD is capable of magically delivering power to the rear wheels and lifting the front end to such a degree that a wheelie bar would be of any use.

</sarcasm>

There are only two explanations for what you saw:
    1) They were converted to RWD
    2) The owners had more money than brains

Here's a quick list of all the things you need to take care of before worrying about your car pulling wheelies:

- Convert to RWD
    - Swap in a large displacement engine (or use a turbo with boost so high you are buying 105 octane gas by the can)
    - New transmission that won't explode when you apply the 500 or so ft-lbs of torque you'll need.
    - Rip out all the interior. Seats, dashboard, headliner, interior panels, stereo.
    - Replace the glass with lexan
    - Switching body panels for carbon fiber or aluminum
    - Remove the air conditioning
    - Buying wider wheels (and convert your car to take wider wheels)
    - Purchase racing slicks

Once you have all that down, then maybe look into a wheelie bar.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Lightweight glass and wheelie bars