New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    There are tire blacks that are water-based and will not damage your tires. Just avoid those cheap, clear tire blacks that you usually find in hardware stores. A good tire black that isn't expensive is Microtex Tire Black - it leaves a matte finish on the tire. If you're more into the glossy look, just make a second application. Additionally, you can also use it to condition exterior trim (rubber and plastic).
    Yup pwede din nga yan sa mga iba pang rubber at plastics.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    There are tire blacks that are water-based and will not damage your tires. Just avoid those cheap, clear tire blacks that you usually find in hardware stores. A good tire black that isn't expensive is Microtex Tire Black - it leaves a matte finish on the tire. If you're more into the glossy look, just make a second application. Additionally, you can also use it to condition exterior trim (rubber and plastic).
    thanks for the info bro but still no thanks..no offense meant bro. i still prefer the natural look...plus added cost pa kasi...one thing madali rin kapitan ng alikabok eh madalas napapasabak ako sa "a little bit rougher than rough" roads........

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    i ran over something that punctured it, & namalayan ko na lang na may kabig yong wheels so tinabi ko ang car to check. yon na nga, flat na and di na madala sa manual pressure pump (bomba).

1 tire lang sana ang dapat palitan, unfortunately, medyo worn out na rin yong reserve tire ko, so i decided to buy 2 new tires, unfortunately again, walang stock ng tire na pareho nong size nong sa akin so, i was compelled to buy 2 new tires na mas malaki ng konti. i have a related thread about this, isingit ko na lang po dito because nobody commented about it yet. anyway, i think it is also related to this thread and a continuation of my story. here it is:

oversizing tires
    ladies & gentelemen:

is it ok to upgrade or oversize the tires of my car from 195 60 R15 to 195 65 R15? as of now, i just changed the 2 rear tires, 195 65 R15 & still using 195 60 R15 at my front wheels. ok lang po ba to, the front tires are smaller than the rear tires? but i'm planning to change the front tires too, later na nga lang coz i'm on a tight budget and walang nakkipag-trade in dito sa province namin ng slightly used tires. sayang din naman kasi yong smaller tires ko, medyo bago pa naman. i decided to put the bigger and newer tires sa likod kasi mas magandang tingnan kahit pano, and mas kilalang brand, yokohama yong nilagay ko sa front. yong binili kong newer and bigger tires ay deestone, made in thailand. ok naman daw yon sabi ng ibang carowners na gumagamit nong deestone. by the way, my ride is 97 mitsu galant ss.
    sir, ask ko lang how's the performance of your deestone tires? im planning also to buy the tires for my van. TIA.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by robywolf View Post
    sir, ask ko lang how's the performance of your deestone tires? im planning also to buy the tires for my van. TIA.
    1 month and 18 days ko pa lang ginagamit bro kaya di ko pa masabi ang performance. pero sabi nong friend ko na matagal ng gumagamit ng deestone, halos pareho lang daw if not better than goodyear.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    1 month and 18 days ko pa lang ginagamit bro kaya di ko pa masabi ang performance. pero sabi nong friend ko na matagal ng gumagamit ng deestone, halos pareho lang daw if not better than goodyear.
    Based on my experience naman with our company's L300 FB van, goodyear wrangler performed better than deestone. Just sharing.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    plus another thing to be aware of is the high-pressure water which could damage the paint in the long run. etc......
    really? so paano na? i mean how do we let the car washers wash our car?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bado13 View Post
    really? so paano na? i mean how do we let the car washers wash our car?
    Why not wash the car yourself? It isn't too hard, and if you follow the proper wash technique, you'll minimize any marring to the paint. Here's a good thread to get you started:

a newbie's guide to car appearance maintenance

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Most car wash services use pressurized 'mist' to rinse cars. This is harmless to the car's paint, unless they mistakenly put sand instead of water.. :D

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
life of tires