New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Help please gurus,

I'm currentyle experiencing lagutok sounds while turning at above 20 km/h, but when I turn to the left or right at low speeds no sounds can be heard.

Is this a CV joint problem? that's what I have read from a number of forums.

Please help me guys..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by r1chm0nd View Post
    Help please gurus,

I'm currentyle experiencing lagutok sounds while turning at above 20 km/h, but when I turn to the left or right at low speeds no sounds can be heard.

Is this a CV joint problem? that's what I have read from a number of forums.

Please help me guys..

I suggest to have your CV joints inspected, especially if the CV boots have splits/tears in it. An inspection would only take a few minutes to do.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I suggest to have your CV joints inspected, especially if the CV boots have splits/tears in it. An inspection would only take a few minutes to do.
    Sir, I also tried turning my steering wheel from full left to full right but I didn't hear a thing. Is this still considered a CV joint problem?

When I'm driving on a straight road, the sound is also intermittent. When I hear it, I take my feet off my gas pedal and the sound is gone.

The sound is also imminent when I turn while pressing the gas pedal.

If I take my feet off the gas pedal or step on the clutch, the sound dissappears.

Please enlighten me before I go to a mechanic.. thanks!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have the following checked too:

engine mounts - worn engine mounts can cause the engine to shift slightly resulting in mis-aligned drive axels.
    front suspension bushings - worn out rubber bushings (top and bottom) can also cause a degree of drive axel mis-alignment and also intermittent metal-on-metal knocking sound.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Baka velocity yan. Better have it checked, mura lang pagawa nyan mga wala pa 1k. Ganyan din sakin, kaso I get that everytime I make a turn tapos im too slow tapos medyo di pa nabibitawan ang clutch. Try mo bitawan clutch tapos press on the clutch again nalang kapag nakaturn na.

Lagutok while turning * above 20 km/h