New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by altis View Post
    which is a better choice? this Kumho Ecsta SPT? or the Federal 595 EVO?
    for what kind of use? for track days the EVO would be better suited though.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Got my kumho solus kh17 in less than a month... experience a road pot hole last wednesday, and i noticed a swell (bukol) on side wall so i have it checked by the tire shop where i bought it, sad to say they did not gave me my warranty for that deffect... Ok i understand that it is due to the bump from the pot hole BUT for LESS THAN A MONTH?! where's the quality and durability there?!I've been through much harder bumps with my old Good Year tires and havent experienced swell! Now i have to buy for another tire... i should have got a micheline tire!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Potholes don't care how new your tire is.

That said, never go for the OEM spec Kumhos like the Solus. The sidewalls are way too soft. Go for the "sporty" ones, as those are more durable. We have two sets, the APTs (for our Crosswind... these are Dueler H/T equivalent, only they brake better) and STXs (Advan ST equivalent) on our CR-V. Only complaint is the road noise on the CR-V, but that's acceptable on a sporty tire like this. Been using both sets for around 40,000 kilometers worth, already. (and about 60,000 plus on the APTs) No damage, even with potholes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    mga sir how much ba ang kumho tires? specifically 185/65/14

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm looking for a tire. mukhang mag kumho ecsta na ko. i'm thinking kung yokohama a drive or ecsta kasi readily available sa amin(bacoor) yung a drive. ecsta kelangan ko pa pumunta ng evangelista.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wbLind View Post
    mga sir how much ba ang kumho tires? specifically 185/65/14
    We got the Kumho Solus for our daily driver Sentra (185/65/R14) for 2.2K a piece. Yes the sidewalls are noticeably softer then the Bridgestone Turanzas and Goodyear Assurance we have on other cars the but so far so good... pwede na for the price and for running about the city.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by flakez View Post
    i'm looking for a tire. mukhang mag kumho ecsta na ko. i'm thinking kung yokohama a drive or ecsta kasi readily available sa amin(bacoor) yung a drive. ecsta kelangan ko pa pumunta ng evangelista.
    decided to get ecsta. ok siya, mas tahimik compared sa potenza g3 ko dati saka mura pa. 3500 sa wheelhaus evangelista yung 195/50/16.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Potholes don't care how new your tire is.

That said, never go for the OEM spec Kumhos like the Solus. The sidewalls are way too soft. Go for the "sporty" ones, as those are more durable. We have two sets, the APTs (for our Crosswind... these are Dueler H/T equivalent, only they brake better) and STXs (Advan ST equivalent) on our CR-V. Only complaint is the road noise on the CR-V, but that's acceptable on a sporty tire like this. Been using both sets for around 40,000 kilometers worth, already. (and about 60,000 plus on the APTs) No damage, even with potholes.

Just bought a set of Kumho Ecsta STX KL12 for our Sta Fe. Medyo maingay nga siya sir compared sa stock tires ng Sta Fe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    magpapalit na ako ng tires since may crack on all 3 tires yung 205/45/R17 Nankang NS-2s nung Vios. all cracks starts from the sidewall to the corner of the tire. this was the tire recommended by VCP members back then nung maguupgrade ako ng rims. should have bought yokohama tires same spec sa XX limited/vios S.. oh well, at least 3.1k per tire lang kuha ko nun and travelled 50Tkms which is almost the same distance travelled by stock yokohama 15's tires bago napudpod.

i'm eyeing for kumho Ecsta SPT or yung stock yokohama's used sa XX limited ng vios.
    which is better buy? ayoko ng magkamali eh.hehe.

also, how much ba Ecsta SPT 205/45 R17? SRP from distributor (tiara) is around 6.3k eh. i believe mas mura pa yan diba?

thanks!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sounds right... last time I got a quote for 16" SPTs, mga 4.5k. You might be able to get lower, but I doubt it'll go under 5.5-6k.

I don't like the Yokohama dBs on the XX Vios. In plain terms... they suck hideously. They're quiet, but grip isn't that great and the way they lose traction is kind of scary. Quiet, quiet, quiet... lurch.

SPTs will roll a little bit before you get to the edge of traction, and are much more predictable.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Kumho Ecsta SPT users