New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    May classmate ako dati na taga Manila...

Yung car nya pinagawan nya ng parang ramp na 6 inches ang taas... sa ibabaw nun parking nya para di abutin ng baha flooring ng kotse nya
    Yan din naiisip ko. Construct 2 moveable ramps to raise the vehicle 0.5 to 1 foot- if high enough, pwede na ring crawl space to get underneath the car so I can inspect the underchassis or do oil changes, etc. Ceiling can accommodate the increased height naman.

Anybody knowledgeable with metalworking, may hardware or welding shop na may idea kaya how much materials and labor this might cost? Its a short subcompact so it doesn't have to be fancy, just strong enough to support mga 3 tons siguro.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    I don't think aabot sa punto na lulutang yung car ni TS with the plastic wrap, after all, he was only considering the full height of the jackstands to lift his car.
    at the right height of water, lulutang po ang kotseng nakabalot ng plastic.
    or at least, it will be light enough, as to get carried away by the movement of the floodwaters.

i remember our old air-cooled VW beetle. it has a semi-waterproof flooring. when the floodwaters get high enough, the body tends to get carried away by fast-moving floodwater.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    Yan din naiisip ko. Construct 2 moveable ramps to raise the vehicle 0.5 to 1 foot- if high enough, pwede na ring crawl space to get underneath the car so I can inspect the underchassis or do oil changes, etc. Ceiling can accommodate the increased height naman.

Anybody knowledgeable with metalworking, may hardware or welding shop na may idea kaya how much materials and labor this might cost? Its a short subcompact so it doesn't have to be fancy, just strong enough to support mga 3 tons siguro.
    nagtaas ang price ng bakal ngayon bro
    kung may maglalagare, pwede kita tulungan mag weld

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    we had these thingees made by a worker, in our garage, many years ago.
    using quality ingredients, and my dad's usual over-engineering style, i could not believe just how expensive they can get! the acetylene welding alone...
    "dad, kotse lang tayo, hindi trak...!"
    "anak, today, kotse ang naka-garahe. next week... who knows?"
    "besides, with this design, kahit mag-camping at mag-luto o mag-campfire pa kayo sa ilalim!"
    Last edited by dr. d; June 29th, 2018 at 11:05 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    At dahil sa female teacher thread, i thought this thread reads one night stand...

#bastusan_friday

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    At dahil sa female teacher thread, i thought this thread reads one night stand...

#bastusan_friday

I wonder how *kagalingan gets his ideas and inspirations for his topics and comments...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kasi magaling :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I wonder how *kagalingan gets his ideas and inspirations for his topics and comments...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    kags probably gets her ideas from... the internet!
    heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    kags probably gets her ideas from... the internet!
    heh heh.
    I agree, internet. However, his replies are somewhat amusing just like *minicarph.

Wait! Why "her"?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I agree, internet. However, his replies are somewhat amusing just like *minicarph.

Wait! Why "her"?
    "female" daw siya..
    real? or intended to mis-lead?

his/her posts do have the flavor of "tree-huggers" (nature lovers).

carpy and kags have both denied being each another, in more than one occasion.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 29th, 2018 at 11:07 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast