New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sir, suggest naman kayo ng budget meal improvement paunti-unting mods to improve cornering, pansin ko kasi sa coastal road, south bound pagdating dun sa curve na tulay eh high speed pasok ko, parang tatagilid ako. i was wondering if i can improve my car.

im planning to buy front strut bar first, magkano kaya ito?

ipon mode ulit then after that is rear sway bar, again magkano kaya ito?

after these 2, ok na kaya to? im not a racer naman, i just want to improve my speed on curves and corners pero di mahal, thanks sa help.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ano ba yan sasakyan mo??

kung kotse yan walang use sayo yang front at rear sway bar mo kasi meron ka na anti roll bar... yung siguro improve mo ng mas matigas..

lower your car,,, then change to low profile and wider tires

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    ano ba yan sasakyan mo??

kung kotse yan walang use sayo yang front at rear sway bar mo kasi meron ka na anti roll bar... yung siguro improve mo ng mas matigas..

lower your car,,, then change to low profile and wider tires
    vios, parang wala akong napapansin na anti-roll bar sa likod ng vios?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Sir, suggest naman kayo ng budget meal improvement paunti-unting mods to improve cornering, pansin ko kasi sa coastal road, south bound pagdating dun sa curve na tulay eh high speed pasok ko, parang tatagilid ako. i was wondering if i can improve my car.

after these 2, ok na kaya to? im not a racer naman, i just want to improve my speed on curves and corners pero di mahal, thanks sa help.
    If its a sedan, you could try first to add a strutbar,
    Kahit generic pa yan, it will help,
    Syempre mas stiff yung branded,
    Pero the generic will have an effect compared to nothing.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

General stuff to improve your car's handling:

1) lowering the car's suspension (properly, no putol) - this will do two things. Stiffer springs and lowered center of gravity. Stiff springs will help your car's chassis from yawing (tilting) when cornering. A lower CG reduces the forces that pushes the chassis to tilt the car.

2) wider tires with low-profile sidewalls - wider threads on the tires will give more grip. Low profile side walls will reduce the amount of deformation/deflection in the tires during cornering, helping handling to feel less "spongy". IMPORTANT NOTE: cheap, low quality tires do not help performance. Although they might look the part, these tires often offer less grip than branded stock tires by as much as 70% less grip (even if they are wider). Also make sure you have the tires inflated to proper pressures.

3) chassis/suspension stiffening - includes those popular strut bars but does beyond it. These are specific designed bars and frames that bolt-on to your car's body to help stiffen it and reduce the tendency to twist.

4) anti-roll bars - these are parts of your car's suspension. Some cars have and others don't. Those which have it might have it too soft to handle higher speeds. So if your car does not have these, have a set installed. If it does have it, you might want to check if you want to upgrade them to a stiffer set.

5) driver training - as much as the car's hardware can improve handling, the best is also to train the driver. Drive within the car's limits and more importantly, drive within YOUR LIMITS. More often, the car's limits is higher than the driver's. Driving through corners requires one to be smooth between transitions that shift the weight of the car from one side to another. Try to suddenly adjust your car's attitude when in a high speed corner just ends up with you upsetting the car's equilibrium.

---------------------------------

Just to add, given your comment is your car feels its tilting too much, all you'll need is a set of stiffer springs OR stiffer stabilizer bars. If you are happy with your car's current ride comfort, then I suggest a set of stabilizer bars. This will help keep your car more level.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 2nd, 2013 at 10:25 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    GH's post pretty much sums of everything.

If I may add... This just is a total waste of money.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005

the vios suspension is too soft and center of gravity too high to take corners fast

a strut bar only reduces chassis flex. di mababawasan ang pagtagilid ng car. ang pagtagilid ng car nasa springs yan

lower the car and use stiffer springs

and as GH said wider tires for better grip

stiffen the chassis too
    Last edited by uls; February 2nd, 2013 at 11:35 AM.