New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hi guys,

Just want to ask some of you on, as the title has said, "How to Identify Fake Lowering Springs"

Honestly, I have bought a set of LS in a well known store in banawe, and the problem is, the Owner didnt gave me a box for the Springs, (I mean the Original Springs)

hmm so how can you identify if it is fake?

for me here is what I saw on my Springs (not sure if orig or fake):
    1. the Rubberized coating is firm, no damages or whatso ever
    2. no traces of being mishandled
    3. logo of the springs are there
    - but still, its still bugs me that I dont have those boxes.. hehe

-TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho, not all brand new springs come with boxes.
    yung R1 ko dati walang box eh...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir this is just my opinion naman... i dont buy stuff brand new ng walang manual or something that certify that its the original stuff and walang box, lalo na kung kaduda duda yung price nung item.

edit: yung R1 ko na coil overs had a box... well hindi ko lang alam yung before kung wala talaga box.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    As long as you buy the spring into a reputable person or authorized dealer you should be okey. So that is why it is very important to look at the authorized not at any dealer. The diff. between those two are; Authorized dealer are endorsed by the manufacturer, honor your full warranty and most of it, you are guaranteed that the product is real and not a fake. Other dealer are not back by manufacturer's warranty, meaning MONEY TALK, BULLSH#T WALK, if you got lucky they will replace it too but very rare. Those dealer just want to make a quik bucks and sometimes they do sell "OFFSHORE SPRING" that labeled looks like the real one. So beware.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Buy only in authorize dealer. Check first on their website for their local dealership. I purchased eibach spring with box. You can't easily determine fake spring but its up to its performance you will know. They can easily copy the appearance but the performance they can't.

how to Identify Fake Springs?