New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Hi Guys,
    Last night my wife get into an accident while driving honda civic past the intersection of san mateo and batasan road. The front right fender was hit by the rear tire of a garbage truck. The fender was dented all the way up. Good thing is that the other adjacent panels was not affected although the front bumper screws from the fender side also gave in. The front wheel was hit also as evidenced by tire wiggling as I drove it on straight pave road and inbalanced steering weight on left and right steer. The mags seemed to have been disoriented slightly too. The car has comprehensive insurance and as usual the garbage truck driver has nothing to give.

Please help on the following:
    1) Car repair shop - Mas ok ba dalhin ko na lang sa casa or sa reputable body works accredited by insurance. Any suggestion beside alex and alen.
    2) The dented fender would require panel sheet straightening and masilya job. Should I go for fender replacement instead? Would the insurance allow me to replace the fender although it is still repairable?
    3) On wheel, what parts do you think beside the mags could have been damage should the tire hit by the truck?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho. since may insurance naman, sa casa na. para ma check ng maayos for other things damaged because of the accident.

Get a surplus fender na lang if possible, since the screw mounts are already ripped of.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    suspension components attached to the affected parts...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    better to change fender, either new or surplus..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    go for casa and change fender. all expense paid naman since comprehesive insured auto mo. =)

Honda Civic Fender and front wheel damage