New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    My 2000 Civic is getting sign of wear.
    Ride is now shaky and uncomfortable, loosing some steering control and overall manueverability has deteriorated slightly. I miss the old days of having one of the best maneuveable ride.

I don't have any problem of getting an OEM shocks (not sure of the price though) but if you can suggest a better shock at almost the same price then I might consider that.
    Should I go for fluid or gas for this type of ride.
    My objective is to retain the brand new riding comfort of my civic.
    Can you please help me decide which shocks to buy.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    go bilsteins. almost the price of oem shocks and will last you much much longer.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    speedyfix, Yes heard all praises for bilstein, last longer than the car itself. But from what i heard it much much expensive than oem ah.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Are you sure the problem is with the shocks? Based on what you described I dont think its your shocks that need replacing.

Does the car seem to bounce more now when going over humps or rough roads? If yes then replace your shock absorbers. If not check the wheel balance, tire condition, suspension bushings, engine mounts and so on...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    replace all the wear n tear suspension bits if you want to restore the handling and ride quality.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Nasa magkano kaya ng price ng Bilstein shocks para Civic? yung OEM yata nyan ay Showa.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga 16-18k ata para sa comfort shocks IIRC.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Definitely its shock. When I pushed the car body on four corners it bounce more than once. Very obvious that there is no more dampening action of the shocks. Wheel are aligned perfectly and other underchasis parts are all in good condition done by cruven. Gas ba o fluid type ang dapat kong ipalit?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gas is a bit stiffer but better on the performance aspect. liquid is more comfy pero mas bouncy/maalon ang ride.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    last i checked bilsteins go for about 7-8k per shock. about the same as oem ones i think. slightly more expensive lang but not by much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda Civic Aftermarket Shock