New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    From time to time i can hear hissing or whistling sound coming from the left side of the car but when i hit the breaks it will stop. But everytime i hit the brakes hard, i can hear some noise. I also noticed my break fluid keeps on decreasing with no visible leaks. ABS light is also on. What could be the main problem in my braking system? Corolla 1.6gli 1997 model 118k mileage

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    From time to time i can hear hissing or whistling sound coming from the left side of the car but when i hit the breaks it will stop. But everytime i hit the brakes hard, i can hear some noise. I also noticed my break fluid keeps on decreasing with no visible leaks. ABS light is also on. What could be the main problem in my braking system? Corolla 1.6gli 1997 model 118k mileage

You have a leaking BRAKE vacuum booster. Replacement is necessary

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Is the labor expensive? How about the replacement parts?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Check your piston brake bro! it also happened to me... 500 lang repair sa Evangelista...

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    if there are no visible leaks at the four corners then check for leaks at the proportioning valve. if there's no leak e malamang sa may master cylinder. it is leaking fluid into the brake vacuum booster ("hydrovac")

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Is the labor expensive? How about the replacement parts?

for the hydrovac, you opt for a surplus part.
    for brake master, use original repair kit or original replacement parts (kung papalitan buong assembly)
    this is a simple job for experience mechanic. should not cost a leg.

Hissing/whistling sound when not braking