New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Sa abroad we don't use tires that is already 5 years old from the production date, so here I do the same. Kaya pag nakakakita ako ng mga nagbebenta ng 2nd hand tires at surplus napapa-iling na lang ako.

We also look always sa thread wear, pag lumabas na yung embossed parallel mark sa main grooves it's time to replace it. BTW all tires have this embossed parrallel mark, if you look closer sa main groove ng tires pag inikot mo may makikita ka sa kanal na embossed parallel mark. Eto yung indicator na kailangan mo ng palitan yung tire pag litaw na at napupodpod na.
    Agreed. The "wear bars" are always there regardless of whether the tire is new or old - they should be, because that's your reference.

When the tire tread area is worn down to the point that it's on the same level of these wear bars, that's when the tire needs replacement ASAP - even if it hasn't hit 5 or 6 years.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Actually it's the other way around. The code should read "4709"

The first two digits are always the week number. The last two digits are the year number. So in the example above, the tires were manufactured on the 47th week of 2009.
    Your are right thanks for the correction.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    yeah old tires are really dangerous. a friend of mine bought brand new never been used (may buhok buhok pa) tires from a seller online for a very very low too good to be true price. he picked it up night time and didn't bother checking the production date. when he had it mounted, napunit yung tire. when he checked 97 yung production date amf! hahaha...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    May nabasa ako, yung crack daw sa gulong lagyan daw ng mighty bond

5. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    May nabasa ako, yung crack daw sa gulong lagyan daw ng mighty bond
    Biro lang naman ito, we know

But I wouldn't even use yang mga "Mighty Bond" para magrepair ng suelas ng rubber shoes.
    Didikit nga, but it hardens, tapos lulutong yung tumigas na goma.
    It won't be long madudurog yung tumigas na goma.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tires have a “shelf life” of 5 years old. Anything beyond that it is already dangerous to drive around with expired tires.

So when buying tires always ask for the production date. (You can see this printed at the tire sidewall) As much as possible only buy tires that are at least a year old. Newer, better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hidden Dangers of Tires that Look New But Are Actually Old