New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay
    Bring the hose to ABC and they will provide the exact diameter and type of hose for the specific purpose. I don't see any problem like noise if you use the exact replacement hose.
    ang problema lang sa ABC, ang layo eh...i wonder kung yung shop sa Pasig that was earlier mentioned by one of the tsikoteers would have hoses similar to ABC's...malapit lang ako sa pasig eh

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah ok, pero you can have it install by my cousin which shop is only a couple of blocks away.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    does your cuz have a machine press for the fittings? madali lang ba yung entire process?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    machine press? ABC will do it for you. sandali lang yan. pede din while you wait.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ah, i see. okay, thanks.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jayelgee
    ah, i see. okay, thanks.
    any updates here? magpapalit din kse ako ng pressure hose kse leak na at maingay pag lumiliko. dito lang ako sa manggahan pasig, dadalhin rin dun sa manggahan sa monday kse out of town ako ngaun weekend. gaano katagal ba ginagawa yan?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by allanroy
    any updates here? magpapalit din kse ako ng pressure hose kse leak na at maingay pag lumiliko. dito lang ako sa manggahan pasig, dadalhin rin dun sa manggahan sa monday kse out of town ako ngaun weekend. gaano katagal ba ginagawa yan?
    naku, sorry for the late reply. nabaon sa trabaho. i took a chance on this guy who said he could fix it. he did naman. the hose is industrial type but it's hard to tell what the difference is though mukhang matibay naman yung hose and the fittings. yung pagka-crimp nung fittings did not look as good and as strong as the original ones, but there are no leaks naman. as far as i can tell, the only problem is (and it's really a small one) is merong ingay pag todo kabig ang steering. the noise is like a soft whistling sound. i don't mind it so much though kasi with the orig hose, meron ding sound pag todo kabig. the sound was like a metallic grating sound naman then. so parang slight improvement pa over the orig sound. heheh. i guess the real test is kung tatagal yung hose at yung fittings and the noise level will not increase. by the way, the guy charged me P1200 for the hose, P300 for the fittings/crimping, P800 for labor. siya na ang nagtanggal nung hose, nagsource ng hose, nagpa-crimp nung fittings, at nag install nung hose ulit. hope this helps.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    naku, sorry for the late reply. nabaon sa trabaho. i took a chance on this guy who said he could fix it. he did naman. the hose is industrial type but it's hard to tell what the difference is though mukhang matibay naman yung hose and the fittings. yung pagka-crimp nung fittings did not look as good and as strong as the original ones, but there are no leaks naman. as far as i can tell, the only problem is (and it's really a small one) is merong ingay pag todo kabig ang steering. the noise is like a soft whistling sound. i don't mind it so much though kasi with the orig hose, meron ding sound pag todo kabig. the sound was like a metallic grating sound naman then. so parang slight improvement pa over the orig sound. heheh. i guess the real test is kung tatagal yung hose at yung fittings and the noise level will not increase. by the way, the guy charged me P1200 for the hose, P300 for the fittings/crimping, P800 for labor. siya na ang nagtanggal nung hose, nagsource ng hose, nagpa-crimp nung fittings, at nag install nung hose ulit. hope this helps.
    ok, so more or less mga 1200 pala magagastos. bukas ng umaga papagawa na din ako dito sa manggahan. sana maayos yung trabaho...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    parang sa manggahan din siya nagpunta for the hose. i suppose yung price nung hose would vary depending on its length. not sure though. yung car na pinaayos ko was a '94 corolla GLi. maiksi lang yung hose. some of the newer cars' hoses daw come from the front (towards grill area) to the firewall, so medyo mas mahaba. good luck.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    parang sa manggahan din siya nagpunta for the hose. i suppose yung price nung hose would vary depending on its length. not sure though. yung car na pinaayos ko was a '94 corolla GLi. maiksi lang yung hose. some of the newer cars' hoses daw come from the front (towards grill area) to the firewall, so medyo mas mahaba. good luck.
    I had mine replaced this morning. it turns out na yung supply hose lang yung may problema, 450 gastos, goodyear yung brand, wala naman ingay kahit full turn.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
HELP: where to buy right priced pressure hose 4 power steering