New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    guys is it ok to put 195/50/16 tires at the back and 205/50/16 tires at the front of the car? also do you know where to buy nexen tires? salamat!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
    guys is it ok to put 195/50/16 tires at the back and 205/50/16 tires at the front of the car? also do you know where to buy nexen tires? salamat!

one of the rules of thumb is to put wider tires on the rear where there are different sizes. it would look funny if the toes of your shoes are higher than the heels.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    one of the rules of thumb is to put wider tires on the rear where there are different sizes. it would look funny if the toes of your shoes are higher than the heels.
    +1 for more back gripping to avoid slipping/swaying of rear left and right when heavy braking is needed

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    i would agree.

But, kaso sa mga sedan, front wheel drive. tapos most of the braking power sa lahat ng sasakyan ay mas kailangan sa harap.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    i would agree.

But, kaso sa mga sedan, front wheel drive. tapos most of the braking power sa lahat ng sasakyan ay mas kailangan sa harap.

FE/FR (front engine, front wheel drive) and FE/RD (front engine, rear wheel drive) or even ME/RD cars use the same rules for tire types or sizes:
    1- if possible, all four tires should be the same size, width, diameter and ply type, i.e., bias or radials
    2- if tire width are not going to be the same, install the wider tires at the rear
    3- if tire size or diameter are not the same, the bigger tires go to the rear
    4- if tires are mixed radials and bias ply, the rear gets the radials and the front gets the bias ply
    these rules have been followed since time forgotten

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    thanks guys!

help on tires!!!