New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Out of warranty na ata siya.Anybody here that tried this convertion?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    pag all wheel discs kasi mas may preno kapa ng konti compared sa drum and disc combo after wading through floods. yung previous cars ko na disc n drum halos wala ng preno kahit bombahin mo after wadng thru floods samantalang pag all disc kahit papano may kapit pa. Easier to service din ang disc compared sa drum na kelangan pa ng mechanic hehehe. But since marami palang papalitan wag nalang siguro. Kala ko kasi may direct bolt on replacement lang
    That really shouldn't be the case if your front brakes are disc. Remember that the braking power ratio is about 75-80% front and 25-20% rear. Unless your model or same platform vehicle was made with a disc there really won't be any direct bolt on rear brakes. Even with a donor vehicle you'll still need to open your diff and pull your axle shaft to change to a disc. A front drive vehicle would be easier to convert the rear than a rear drive.

Here is a link to a conversion for a Ford Explorer 4x4 to give you an idea of what needs to be done.
    http://www.explorer4x4.com/discswap.html

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    thanks redorange,
    looks like ill be sticking with the drums, I kinda overlooked that my rig was rwd pala mukhang marami ngang gagawin as I have to remove the rear axle pa and to convert it to fit with the disc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
help:Drum brake to disc brake