New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    hi guys, ive been to many forums already both local and international about lifting Honda CRV generation 1 model. i've also been to 4x4ph but it seems this forum will be possibly my last resort for help.

this is what I'm trying to achieve: a 1.75" lift on a CRV

1. Ive already called RATS Makati for the OME (Old Man Emu) coil spring kit that was used for the picture above. RATS Makati called OME Australia and OME said they discontinued this particular lift spring kit already.

2. I also called the Ironman Springs supplier in Negros, but he is not responding anymore after he said he doesn't have stock of this but will call Ironman HQ for my concern. I checked the Ironman website, and they too may have discontinued their lift spring kit, wala ng Honda sa mga brands ng products nila

3. I came across some posts about having an aluminum spacer fabricated in a machine shop, something like this : pls see pic

:

but I've read so many horror stories for CRV owners who took this route. they said their ball joints gave in, and camber falling out of place, and even the CV joints got busted. rubber lifters mas delikado pa coz it can slide daw the body of the vehicle.

The reason why I chose Old Man Emu is bec. so many foreign owners attested that it rides like the stock CRV springs, in fact even better. no need for alignment or camber alignment. and the OME springs are ideal for some light offroading as well as floods: the very reason why I want my CRV lifted. rainy season is coming, and I live in Rizal. pataas na ng pataas ang baha sa amin yun nga lang, OME Australia stopped manufacturing it anymore.

Reason why I Posted is baka may alam kayo na mga magagaling na Pinoy dyan, who developed a coil spring kit that somehow emulates the OME or the IRonman brands. I'm counting on Pinoy ingenuity na lang. OR, maybe there's a Japan brand that I don't know of that lifts the CRV since it's a Japan-made car in the first place. I'm really desperate for options now.

IF not, well I guess I'll go back stock na lang talaga, maybe fit a bigger 215 tire than my current (soon to be replaced) 205/70R15 bridgestone issue.

any help is much appreciated. TIA and god bless

----

btw, I read some owners using the ironman 35mm lift kit, so it's basically just 1.35". ok na din siguro, I checked Ironman website and the only 35mm lift kit there was for the Subaru Forester 1st gen and another for the Vitara. I'm not familiar with the 2 cars, are they IFS (independent suspension) like the CRV? if so, baka kaya pwede na yun?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Update on this, oh well it seems that Rats Makati cant order pala the OME, siguro dahil isang lang ang order. They dont stock as well coz bihira lang pala ang pinoy owners who lift he crv.

I called the north american distributor, they still sell OME and is willing to ship di pa pala discontinued. Just go thru their authorized distro na nag-stock talaga ng marami.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Sir ito po baka makatulong

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAzl8k9S4k8]Why It's Dumb To Lift A Vehicle - YouTube[/ame]

Hindi ko naman sinasabi na mali ang gagawin ninyo, pero consider din po natin ung risk.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Yeah, i know. Sobrang risky talaga to raise a stock vehicle. i think I spent 2 weeks already reading stuff about this. and not to mention, my crv is a crossover, not those patrols and jjimnys, na may separate chassis. Nakakinggit nga mga cars nila sa 4x4ph, parang sobrang safe i-lift if you have that type of body.

Anyways, the old man emu is a good 'feedbacked ' coil spring with maybe a 1" to 1.5" lift. No modifications needed in the suspension like camber correction or even wheel alignment. ARB is world-renowed naman so I trust the brand. Ive been in the outback, and I can see why Australia is a world leader in aftermarket suspension parts. The terrain itself is their testing ground, kaya siguro magaling gumawa sila..

What i'm avoiding is yun, pasadya lang like fabricating in machine shops. Yun talaga walang scientific data. Kaya im very careful with getting the right adivce here or even sa international forums. anyways, im stilll up for inputs. Thanks for the video

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi! Glad to have came across this thread, as i have been searching on and on about having my crv lifted. So far, i have found none here in the phil but i found a source in the US and i might do an online transaction with him via paypal but i just dont know how reliable it'll be. You can check Rocky Road Outfitters in Facebook. Theyre selling it for $316. Ill have it shipped to CA and maybe have it here in manila by june since my mom will be coming home. Here's the link hope this helps. Honda CR-V lifts, suspension, accessories all at the lowest prices