New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Mga sir mag ask lng po. Civic ko nka lowered pero putol tapos tagtag cya puma paypay pa pag malakas ang takbo. Gusto ko sana ibalik ang coil spring. Saan mas mababa 98 civic Lxi or Vti? Tanx po sana may mka bigay ng opinion

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Bumili ka nalang ng aftermarket na spring. Ang bilhin mo ay yong katulad din ng OEM (H&R which I preferd) at hindi yong pang sport. Mas bababa lang ng kunti sa original ng height kaya wala ka nang dapat palitan maliban sa shock absorber mo which I believe na sira na yan dahil sa pagputol mo ng spring.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Heres' some input . . .

KustmAce
    08-22-2004, 02:43 PM
    This was written by Event (http://www.j-body.org/members/eventomega/) from JBO.

[SIZE=1]To start of, the suspension is the main thing that SUSPENDS your car in the air with the base being the wheels and tires. Those are the 4 points that touch ground. Suspension arms, struts, springs, shocks are all components in helping keep the car up off the ground/road and also controlled so the inside components of the car (aka you, the passenger(s) are not shaken nutty.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Starting off, WHAT SHOULD I CHOOSE? WHATS THE BEST…?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Firstly, BEST? Drop that word from you vocab. Seriously…Obviously what’s “best” for you isn’t gonna be best for marky mark, and what’s best for you two isn’t gonna be what’s best for jimmy jam. There isn’t a “best” you can just look up on a chart. There are plenty of parts that are good for a certain person or application that aren’t for another. SO……What should each person choose? What is better? These are two commonly asked questions by newbies and people who aren’t new overall, but new to suspension. What SHOULD you choose? Well look at what you want to use your suspension for and what you plan to accomplish. Ask yourself these questions:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]How low do you want to be from stock? The lower you go the harsher the ride.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]How soft or stiff do you want ride quality?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]How much do you want to pay?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]How many times do you want to half-*$&* this before its done right?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]How quick do you want to be able to adjust it? Or are you into adjusting at all?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]How critical are you when it comes to being COMPLETELY EVEN?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]How are the roads in your area?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Those are just a few questions to ask yourself. Those are to help YOU decide what YOU need and or WANT.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]When you get that figured out, here is an overview of the choices for suspension. In all choices however, there are CHEAP and QUALITY choices. This will obviously help you in figuring out what way you wanna go. But do realize that cheap isn’t always good and neither is expensive. Going cheap will obviously get you a cheap product. Cheap products I tend to view as this: “if this was underwear, would you want it housing family jewels?” you normally don’t put cheap stuff for protection. Cause in essence, your suspension can and will be part of the equation of keeping you safe on the road or having your car, body, and hopefully not…other passengers from being harmed, if there ever comes a time when you need to brake hard, swerve, or use some other evasive driving moves in an emergency.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]*** Don’t be one of the ones, I don’t have enough money. Instead of giving the BS I’m poor story, do realize its not gonna hurt you to save up for a part you need. Everyone here is not a millionaire. If need be get a job, get two, or simply save up. There are people here with a house, 2 kids and working minimum wage and can save up. If saving up is a problem for you, then its time to start growing up. All the people who don’t wannt spend that much money, but have their car loaded with audio equipment, get real. Quality costs, and you get what you pay for. No bullsh*t. no excuses***[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Hope that helps![/SIZE]
    v6dreamer is right. "putol" should be the last resort 'coz it will surely lower the lifespan of your dumpers.
    Last edited by jjmd3_787; December 10th, 2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: tao lang po . . .

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Especially pag pinutol mo using torch. Naiinit na masyado ang spring kaya bababa ang spring rate. By right the spring should be stiffer if you take out 1 coil less if I remember correctly. If you will cut it cut it right with a grinder / cutter

Help with coil springs!