New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I had a problem like this before, I was in slow-medium paced traffic, the jeep with no brakelights in front of me stopped, i didnt slam on the brakes since I could see that he was stopped ahead..n my tires screeched really loud and I skidded a little, and people were looking at me like I didnt' know how to drive. I had my brakes checked.I just replaced the Master..? and replaced my brake pads. After that, it's been ok, and I didn't have that problem.

Oh, and steering in the direction of the skid. Just like drifting. It's called Counter Steering in drifting terms i think. Same goes with when cops try to do the "pit manuever"..where they try to spin you out..just steer to the opposite direction that they're trying to push you. heheheh. Goodluck, I hope things are ok with ur car, be safe. Don't drive too fast..alalay lang.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    Oh, and steering in the direction of the skid. Just like drifting. It's called Counter Steering in drifting terms i think.
    that's the only term used in any performance driving...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKros View Post
    Oh, and steering in the direction of the skid. Just like drifting. It's called Counter Steering in drifting terms i think.
    hard braking + no abs = slide talaga... countersteer won't do any good while wheels are locked.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Analyze mo yung paliwanag ni DennisPowell, maganda yun.. Basta wag lang pudpod na gulong sa hulihan, nasa alignment, etc.. possible yung sinabi nya. dapat kasi hindi maglock ang hulihan agad e. Mas malakas dapat unahan. Parang nangyayari e pag ginamit mo lang yung park brake. Baka nga may problema yung front brakes mo e.

Brgds, ingat ka.. dahan dahan lang

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
hard braking ba reason ng pagslide ng kotse?