New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ....dropped my daughter at her day care which is 3, 4 blocks from our house. When I went back to my car, i saw my rear tire.

Was on my way to work so i decided to drive to the next gasoline station so i could a. put air or b. change my tire. Drive was about 3 miles.

Got to the gasoline station, tried to put air, but air was escaping from the wheel/tire gap. Tried several times with no success so i took out the jack and raised it about 2". I got air in and put 33psi.

After everything's done..i saw my poor 17" Bridgetone tire with the sidewall's top half markings erased...

.....and then...i saw this "emergency can" lying in the trunk -> a fixaflat can....

http://www.fixaflat.com/

But...its too late.....i checked my tires around lunch time and it seems that its holding air pretty good...what a waste of a good tire
    Last edited by airshaq20; April 6th, 2005 at 10:37 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Anyone ever tried BFGoodrich® g-Force T/A KDW before?

http://www.costco.com/Images/Content...ct/475615L.jpg

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bangis ng tread ah! wala atang locally available eh. and di siya mashadong sikat in terms of performance tires here sa pinas.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mura lang kasi pa-vulcanize sa pinas kaya di popular yan dito. saw it at ace and handyman pero wala yata bumibili. some people will pick up the can, read the fine print, then put it back when they get to the price ehehehehehe! nasa 350 petot yata kasi eh 60 petot lang ang pa-vulcanize, sama na wheel mounting dun.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ung mga cans for emergency purposes lng talaga when ur in the middle of nowhere

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I used it before when I got a flat tire in my Caravan - its been 6 or 8 months now and never lost any pressure. For the price (about $4 a can) its much cheaper than having a tire repaired (about 15 bucks). Im just so upset, that $4 can could have saved me money - now i have to shop 2 for two tires.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...doesn't that leave a residue or thick goo on the rim once u decide to replace the tire?

Had A Bad Flat Tire Today....