New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I use a hygrometer to test the fluid. There are a lot of cheap ones in Lazada/Shopee. I noticed 2-2.5 years is about the time it takes to get to 4+% water.
    But as *Vodka mentioned above, would using a hygrometer at the reservoir an accurate test?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    thickness po sa brake pad.. pag di na kita yung guhit sa gitna, replace..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    so after 16yrs of changing brake fluid every 3yrs i finally got some corrosion pitting inside my rear wheel cylinder, which resulted in a slow-ish leak. that's good enough i guess every 2yrs is going to be even better

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    But as *Vodka mentioned above, would using a hygrometer at the reservoir an accurate test?
    Probably not that accurate but it will give you an idea how much water is in there. Flush every 2 years is the sweet spot for me.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Glycol based brake fluids (all except DOT 5) are completely miscible with water. Even with the limited movement of fluid from the master to the slave cylinders they should mix freely and completely.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    Is this applicable for other oils (CVTF, engine, gear) too?

So even though the brake pads are still thick I still need to change them if they squeal? I hear occasional faint squeals only when braking while the road is wet/raining. I thought a brake system cleaning is the solution to that.
    Fusion R says the pads are still thick and do not need replacement yet.
    nopo.
    only break fluid is formulated to be hygroscopic (attracts water).
    oils are not, and they should better not be!
    heh heh.

if the talyer-that-makes-money-by-servicing-your-breaks says you don't need break pad replacement, i will tend to believe them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123