New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    How do we diagnose a gearbox? Or the steering pump?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    How do we diagnose a gearbox? Or the steering pump?

what make, model, year and what symptoms?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    leaks - seals
    hard steering - low or no PS fluid, low pressure (worn rings)
    humming sound - low PS fluid

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    2003 pajero Fm po. Walang leak, pero may kabigatan ang steering compare sa other pajero..

Pag full left or right, may humming sound, is this normal? sabi ng mechanic the sound/vibration daw is due to the contact with the stopper.

Max yun fluid level. When the engine is on, the mechanic check the PS level by opening the cap, tumatalsik ang fluid. is this normal?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    2003 pajero Fm po. Walang leak, pero may kabigatan ang steering compare sa other pajero..

Pag full left or right, may humming sound, is this normal? sabi ng mechanic the sound/vibration daw is due to the contact with the stopper.

Max yun fluid level. When the engine is on, the mechanic check the PS level by opening the cap, tumatalsik ang fluid. is this normal?

have your "mechanic" check the flow control valve, this valve is on the outlet port of the pump leading to the high pressure hose. it is spring loaded valve that serves as a pressure relief valve to allow recirculation of excess pressure to dump fluid back to the reservoir

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    have your "mechanic" check the flow control valve, this valve is on the outlet port of the pump leading to the high pressure hose. it is spring loaded valve that serves as a pressure relief valve to allow recirculation of excess pressure to dump fluid back to the reservoir
    Thanks, I will try to do that. I hope my mechanic knows where to find the flow control valve. hehehe

When I brought the unit to CASA, they suggested to change entire gearbox.

GEarbox Diagnosis?