New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    jick, what we do here if the leaf spring end bushings are worn is to replace the bushings and all other worn parts before performing the alignment. the may use the four wheel alignment system, but actually the adjustments can only be made or done on the front wheels. maybe the four wheel alignment tool does the compensation even if the rear axle is not at right angle to the direction of body travel, in which case compensations will have to be made.

4JGTootsie has a better suggestion in my opinion.

tip,
    that's what i was talking about, the thrust angle. the geometry of the four wheels have to be at a perfect or near perfect rectangle then the list i just mentioned to be followed. this practice had been done in years. if your really understand the steering principles, to include the Ackerman principle, you will get the whole picture, otherwise, it is not too late to learn.
    jick

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    that may be too technical for me, at least the principle of having the wheels travelling or trying to travel in the same direction will be enough. and the wheels moving in the desired direction when making a turn considering the
    arc travel each wheel will have to take. Isn't that's why we have the
    differentials?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    that may be too technical for me, at least the principle of having the wheels travelling or trying to travel in the same direction will be enough. and the wheels moving in the desired direction when making a turn considering the
    arc travel each wheel will have to take. Isn't that's why we have the
    differentials?

tip,
    that's the reason why there are technicians and there are mechanics or parts replacers.the Ackerman principle provides for the difference of distance travelled and the rotational speeds of the wheels of a car moving on a turn. on two wheel steering vehicles, each tire has different radii. this is done through the inherent TOE OUT ON TURNS (Ackerman principle). keep learning we have some progress here
    jick

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    guess that will be for the design engineers to figure out, and for the technicians to adhere to the desiogn or suggests some changes in practical applications.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hello.... need you guys to share your experiences.

After alignment or camber. what did you notice, i mean 90 to 100% ba talga ang kain ng gulong niyo sa front wheel ay Pantay.

the reason for this question is after many years of driving.. i noticed mga front wheels lagi una napupudpod ang outer tire. just varies on the degree.

what do you think? and pag observe ko most vehicles have ( talking about the front wheels) d talaga pantay kain usually mas pudpod ang outer side.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    a properly aligned wheels will have balanced front wheel wear on the inner and outer side of the tyres. front wheel drive vehicles tends to wear out the outer side of the tire faster than the mid side. Tire rotation of front wheels to rear wheels helps to create a balanced wear on the threads.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    wheel alignment, camber, and balancing

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    wheel alignment, camber, and balancing

jjmd3,
    see #12 and #14 of this thread or better yet, read the whole thread
    jick

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    hello.... need you guys to share your experiences.

After alignment or camber. what did you notice, i mean 90 to 100% ba talga ang kain ng gulong niyo sa front wheel ay Pantay.

the reason for this question is after many years of driving.. i noticed mga front wheels lagi una napupudpod ang outer tire. just varies on the degree.

what do you think? and pag observe ko most vehicles have ( talking about the front wheels) d talaga pantay kain usually mas pudpod ang outer side.
    Front usually wears faster than rear since they take most of the burden in braking since all the vehicles weight goes to the front wheels. FWD has a higher front tire wear since they also accelerate the vehicle. The more wear on the outer tire is due to concentration of friction during turning. Excessive outer tire wear (feathering of thread) can be due to excess toe in or camber problems.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    the recommendation for front wheel drive vehicles is to have toe-out, not toe-in for the front wheels.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Front wheel di pantay kain