New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    mga sir ano po ang bad effect pag naka front lowering springs ka? are there any effects sa makina and other parts? yung parang subsob look. my current spring sa front is 1.5 drop so around 2 finger gap between the tire and body. thanks tsikot!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterZerg View Post
    mga sir ano po ang bad effect pag naka front lowering springs ka? are there any effects sa makina and other parts? yung parang subsob look. my current spring sa front is 1.5 drop so around 2 finger gap between the tire and body. thanks tsikot!
    Assuming you just dropped the front and the rear is still stock height.

The steering angle will be affected. Steering caster will also be affected (more pronounced). Headlight beams will be lower angle.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    More strain on front shock absorbers (how bad this will be will depend on how soft your stock shock absorbers are), possible rubbing issues with the tires, possible bottoming out, etcetera, etcetera...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    it would be better kung both front and rear naka lowering spring, better handling.. plus i find mga nksubsob dangerous prone to spinning out when taking corners aggressively

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some people prefer the "tukod" look despite of the disadvantages explained to them. At least it's not as bad as compared to a few years ago where the tukod-look was the fad.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Excuse me for the term pero pam-pogi points lang yung tukod-look. Actually, they are all right. It just add strains to the front suspension parts pag yung front lang ang lowered. Better have it all lowered. All or nothing.

front lowering springs disadvantages