New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa usual car.. front engine front wheel..
    nasa harap ang weight(engine)
    nasa harap ang driving wheel
    nasa harap ang turning
    mostly nasa harap ang breaking
    kaya front wheels ang mabilis mapupud..

what about front engine rearwheeldrive cars?

actually what i have is a 4 wheel drive pajero.. but i only use 2 wheel drive...
    iniisip ko lang.. which tires una mauubos..
    gusto ko kasi sana.. ibalance tires ko... sabay maubos.. thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AC View Post
    nasa harap ang turning

actually what i have is a 4 wheel drive pajero.. but i only use 2 wheel drive...

ac,
    is this supposed to be a xxxxxx question? as per your owner's manual, you are supposed to rotate the tires every so often miles. either five tire rotation if your spare is a full size tire, or a four tire rotation if the spare is a doughnut or compact spare. read your owner's manual please
    jick

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Tama si sir jick.

But to answer your question, mas mabilis mapudpod ang rear wheels sa FR configuration. Assuming proper maintenance, of course.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    May tire rotation naman na sinusunod sa vehicle manual sundin mo na lang ito .Kung rear wheel drive mas nauupod agad ang hulihan.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    sa starex ko. the front tires wore out faster.. i dont belive in tire rotatation. because it comes down to budget concerns.. if you rotate your tires you will have to replace 4 tires when the time comes.. if you dont rotate then basically you can just buy 2 tires at a time..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    With my Avanza na FR ang lay out. Sabay lang ang pudpod ng gma gulong. Currently at 55,1XX+ km na. Once pa lang ako nagpa rotate noong 20K PMS.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks po mga sir sa replies.. too late for rotating eh... kasi....... oblong na 1 tire ko... hehe.. so... yung katabi niya.. nilagay ko nalang sa spare... and yung spare... binilhan ko ng partner na bago.. kayalang.... yung design niya.. facedout na.. so next time.. wala nako mabibilhan ganyang design... kaya i have to buy new design na.. thanks for your answers mga sir..

(sanay po kasi ako sa old car ko front engine front wheel drive... na napupudpud una harap... mali assume ko sa FR kaya... napatodo pudpud yung rear tires ko.. hehe... thanks)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    With a rear-wheel drive car, which set wears out faster will depend on your driving habits and style. If you're gentle with the gas pedal, the front tires will wear out first. If you've got a sports car and do burn-outs (which you probably can't do with the Pajero), you can wear out the rears first, but for normal road use, this doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    sa starex ko. the front tires wore out faster.. i dont belive in tire rotatation. because it comes down to budget concerns.. if you rotate your tires you will have to replace 4 tires when the time comes.. if you dont rotate then basically you can just buy 2 tires at a time..
    Rotating the tires makes them last much longer. If you keep putting stress on the tires that are more worn, they'll wear down much faster. If you switch, you're spreading the wear more evenly.

You don't rotate, you'll wear one pair of tires to nubs in no time. Then you have to replace them. Then the other pair will go at the time you were going to replace all four, anyway, if you'd rotated them. Over four sets of tires replaced on a car where you practice rotation, you'll have three and a half sets of rears replaced on the car without rotation, and five sets of fronts. You're not saving anything.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AC View Post
    nasa harap ang turning

+10 to niky. it depends on the driving habit. i rotate my crosswind's 5 tires every year (holy week penitensya) because mas ambilis ako mapudpuran sa harap - turning, braking, even with the most care. haven't own a FWD yet but i am sure mas mabilis magkaubusan ng harap yan lalo't kaskasero at enjoy sa speed capacity ng car

also when palitan comes, sabay ang 4 and lahat sila bago.

Front engine rear wheel drive? which tires una mapupudpud??