New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    mga guro/sir
    sir help naman po sa car ko sa power steering fluid ko po pano po ba mag drain or flushing kaya po ba ng manual lang or kailangan dalhin sa casa mismo.........kasi po ung dati dark color na sya baka sa katagalan na rin po yun e....bumili po ako ng power steering fluid e clear po sya kaya gusto ko palitan ng steering fluid...kaya po ba nang manual flushing or drain po? ang car ko nga pala po eh honda civic 96 acquired second hand po ung car....
    TIA po sa lahat......

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    You shouldn't need to change that fluid. If you really want to change it...underneath the pump there are lines(hoses) goint to your steering gearbox. These hoses are usually solid (made of metal) and screwed into the pump's resevoir. Unscrew both of them (because I don't know which on your pump is your fluid in and fluid out) and let them drain into a drain pan, add a few fresh fluid till clear screw them back in (VERY carefull not to missalign the threads on the hoses and destroying them). When you do this whole process, keep an eye on these little rubber "O" rings. don't lose these.
    WHEW!:sweat:
    but like i said, you shouldn't need to change the power steering fluid.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    bro, parang masmaganda kung magpapalit ka ng PS fluid, bakit ba nasabi na wag nangpalitan alam ko merong time interval na dapat palitan ito?
    kung gusto mong palitan sa manual ganito ang ssabi
    drain mo ang fluid sa reservoir
    yung return hose sa reservoir disconnect ang lagay ng ibang container
    return port sa reservoir plug mo
    refill ng bagong fluid make sure walang mga tulo
    make sure meron nakaalalay sa return hose at container kasi baka magkalat ng PS flui at magkakaroon ng pressure dito. mamaya.
    paandarin ang makina then steer left ang right hanggang magbago na ang lumalabas sa return hose.kung kailangan magdagdag ng PS fluid dagdagan kasi mauubos ito habang ginagalaw
    then top engine and return everything to normal..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by raine View Post
    bro, parang masmaganda kung magpapalit ka ng PS fluid, bakit ba nasabi na wag nangpalitan alam ko merong time interval na dapat palitan ito?
    kung gusto mong palitan sa manual ganito ang ssabi
    drain mo ang fluid sa reservoir
    yung return hose sa reservoir disconnect ang lagay ng ibang container
    return port sa reservoir plug mo
    refill ng bagong fluid make sure walang mga tulo
    make sure meron nakaalalay sa return hose at container kasi baka magkalat ng PS flui at magkakaroon ng pressure dito. mamaya.
    paandarin ang makina then steer left ang right hanggang magbago na ang lumalabas sa return hose.kung kailangan magdagdag ng PS fluid dagdagan kasi mauubos ito habang ginagalaw
    then top engine and return everything to normal..

si salamat po sa info medyo kaya pala ng manual update ko na lang po kayo.............if napalitan ko na po TIA

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    usually change interval of ps fluid (either psf or atf depending on what manufacturer says) is 40k, which is roughly the same as the gear oil for m/t.

i've done power steering fluid change. my car uses atf dex ii. please, don't let your car idle while bleeding the system. you will end up foaming your fluid.

the procedure that i did was this. btw, its for a mitsu lancer glx 2k. i used rp max atf 1L.
    - make sure engine is cold
    - raise vehicle front wheels just enough to allow lef-right, vice versa steering lock.
    - remove htw
    - using a syringe, get all the fluid from the reservoir and place in an empty 1L (0.9qtz)container. i used an old shell coolant container.
    - when all the fluid from the reservoir is removed, disconnect the return line to the reservoir. mine is a small pipe with a flexible hose connected under the reservoir. the bigger hose in the reservoir is the suction hose. the return line is the line from the rack to the reservoir, while the suction is the hose from the reservoir to the input of the pump
    - using an acquarium hose, direct the return line to the 1L container.
    - while everthings set, intermittently start the car while steering left-right lock and vice versa until no fluid comes out of reservoir. since i have 1L system, i should be able to almost fill the 1L container.
    - reconnect all hoses
    - pour fluid on reservoir while intermittently starting the vehicle and steering left-right lock vice versa until 1L fluid is introduced to the system. this is the bleeding procedure
    - continue bleeding until fluid leve does not change on the reservoir

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    simple, just remove the return hose, start the car for 2-3 seconds so the pump works and pumps out the old fluid, plug in the hose again and fill up.

repeat if may dumi pa till malinis na lumabas

flushing power steering fluid?.....