New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hindi kaya matagtag lang talaga ang gas? Napansin ko kasi sa SSHW (yung makinis na area) parang umaalon yung car. hehe.

How's the test again where I'm supposed to press my weight against the car and then release? If it vibrates, is it damaged? Are there any other general/preliminary diagnostics that I could perform? (I write down all your recommendations and keep them for future reference)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mahirap ikabit ang shocks na mali unless walang common sense, partially blind o may memory gap yun mechanico. Fluid shock are the oem choice (not all) because it offers a comfort ride for less the price. Mid and high end cars uses gas as they are the requirement for comfort and handling. Servitek, at least the one here at Marcos Highway, offers a decent checkup, service and labor charge. You should have your alignment and camber check after changing to a new set of shock absorbers. Bad bushings and joints are now more evident.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Joints = CV joints? I remember I had that replaced last year. Also, does the mechanic readily see the bushings and joints when he dismantles the shocks? I specifically told him to check everything and replace everything that needs to be replaced when he removes the shocks. I need to have the alignment and cambler checked pala. The mechanic never told me

Servitec told me before that either my camber or alignment (can't remember which) will never be perfect. There was an incident when my car was relatively new, the left tire fell from an elevated garage (?) Hard to explain. hehe. The garage/cemented area was in a higher level than the soil, the driver wasn't able to estimate so the left tire fell and it was the steel near the wheel that absorbed the fall. (looking at my book it looks like the control arm). hehe. Had no problems with the ride until I had my shocks recently replaced.

I'll have the alignment and camber done first. I should have gotten fluid Bu then the mechanic said that Gas lasts longer than fluid.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Servitek checks for any underchassis faults like ball joints, tierods and bushings before performing alignment and adjusting your camber. If there is anything wrong they will advice you to replace the parts either by them or by your suking mechanic. They charge a minimal fee for the use of their lifter though.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Oh no. Matindi pala yung mekaniko na gumawa sa car ko. hehe. Nakalimutan niya nung una ilagay yung shock boot. hehe. Hirap na hirap pa naman siyang i alambre yung springs. Tapos napansin niya na parang kulang. hehe. Di ko naman siya sinasabihan kasi isip ko may style siya sa procedures. hehe.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    Servitek checks for any underchassis faults like ball joints, tierods and bushings before performing alignment and adjusting your camber. If there is anything wrong they will advice you to replace the parts either by them or by your suking mechanic. They charge a minimal fee for the use of their lifter though.
    That's great news! I hope those parts won't cost as much as 5k. hehe.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if mali kabit iingay sya. if matagtag sya then that's another problem altogether.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi. What could be those other problems or what could be the Worst Case Scenario? Thanks

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    you will have to ask whoever installed it to troubleshoot it for you. or show it to someone else so they can make their own assessment of the problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Faulty Installation of Shock Absorber?