New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    can u convert a rear drum brake system to a disk brake system? and what are the parts you need to replace?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    What car do you have?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    What car do you have?
    i have an old AUV that now has poor brake power. im planning to upgrade the whole brake system. now im just wondering kung pede maconvert ang rear drum brake system to disc brake system.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if somewhere in the world your car came out with discs in the rear you will need the rear arms, calipers and rotors from that car to convert it.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    AUV? If that's the case, replacing the rear drums might mean replacing the whole rear axle. What's the problem with the stock brakes anyway? Perhaps it just needs maintenance...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What model of AUV? You could switch to brakes from a newer version of your AUV, but it's no guarantee... most AUVs have weak brakes.

One of the best brake-distance improving mods you can make is to buy better tires. It's easier and cheaper, too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tamahome_ako View Post
    i have an old AUV that now has poor brake power. im planning to upgrade the whole brake system. now im just wondering kung pede maconvert ang rear drum brake system to disc brake system.
    Baka kailangan lang ng complete brake system overhaul? May mga valves(pressure limiter etc. na kailangang palitan. Sa palagay ko mas mabigat ung conversion( but doable).

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Madugo nga lang yan, and you would have to source out parts (discs, calipers, etc..). Baka nga kelangan lang i overhaul/clean up, baka mas makamura ka pa run.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    What car do you have?
    Hi Bro
    Just saw this thread although its quite a few years but I'm interested in converting my rear drum brakes to a disc type .
    1 My car isa 2000 Gli Corolla "Lovelife 16 vavle, compatible( particular the ABS functions) ba yong Levin na rear disc brake sa ganitong model if let say all tha parts I can get isa complete set from aftermarket
    2 Magkano ang price if ever mas mabuti kung may refer kayo na gumagawa ng ganitong services
    3 Meron bang safety risk after??

Thanks in advance for those who will give informations and comments.

Nice day

drum brakes and disc brakes question