New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any reputable shops po sa Alabang/Las Pinas area? How much po to expect when purchasing TEIN High-Tech spring plus Bilstein shocks? Pasama na rin po ng labor.

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Any reputable shops po sa Alabang/Las Pinas area? How much po to expect when purchasing TEIN High-Tech spring plus Bilstein shocks? Pasama na rin po ng labor.

TIA!
    i don't know any shops here in alabang/las pinas area which carries those. but you can comb around the shops in motortown if they do carry one.

for mounting, you can just go to cruven sucat for that. minimal ang price ng labor for mounting.

OT: ikaw ba si macky macario? just asking.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    i don't know any shops here in alabang/las pinas area which carries those. but you can comb around the shops in motortown if they do carry one.

for mounting, you can just go to cruven sucat for that. minimal ang price ng labor for mounting.

OT: ikaw ba si macky macario? just asking.
    Thanks Vladi

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Speedlab in QC carries Tein. You can check out their website: speedlab.com.ph

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    My ride's a HondaCity Type Z... Plano ko sana to lower it by an inch. for city driving lang naman... hehe... if i modify the spring to let say tein like what i read here from the thread, do i need to change stock shocks too? Tinanung ko sa cruven dito sa sucat about lowering the car, sabi nila putol ok lang daw, eh nabasa ko dito sa tsikot na medyo delikado ang putol... did any of you guys know any problem exp[erienced kapag putol lang ang springs? would it damage my suspension or shocks if i lower my car about an inch (putol or lowering springs) ? adv? and disadv? di kaya maging matagtag kapag lowered na cya?

Thanks bros
    Last edited by dirk0616; August 3rd, 2009 at 01:07 PM. Reason: forgot something

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk0616 View Post
    My ride's a HondaCity Type Z... Plano ko sana to lower it by an inch. for city driving lang naman... hehe... if i modify the spring to let say tein like what i read here from the thread, do i need to change stock shocks too? Tinanung ko sa cruven dito sa sucat about lowering the car, sabi nila putol ok lang daw, eh nabasa ko dito sa tsikot na medyo delikado ang putol... did any of you guys know any problem exp[erienced kapag putol lang ang springs? would it damage my suspension or shocks if i lower my car about an inch (putol or lowering springs) ? adv? and disadv? di kaya maging matagtag kapag lowered na cya?

Thanks bros
    Sucat said PUTOL??? What a bunch of moron.

Your handling will be horrid if you do (yes, is worser than worsereeeer), and its a terrible idea in general. Get it lowered properly or dont lower it at all.
    That was the poor man's way of doing things years and years ago. The reason you should not cut an automotive spring is that they are not one solid spring rate the whole way through (top to bottom). There are different spring rates in the spring and the ends of the spring offer the most resistance. Even though the springs feel stiff now, they will lose considerable strength and result in bounce and wheel hop in some situations if you cut them.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Unfortunately putol spring is a wrong procedure, pero everybody's doing it so it has somehow become the norm for budget mods. Save up for proper lowering springs na lang.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    Unfortunately putol spring is a wrong procedure, pero everybody's doing it so it has somehow become the norm for budget mods. Save up for proper lowering springs na lang.

i totally agree...

for street application id go for H&R or eibach some models would indicate the spring rate usually stock cars have 3kgmm in the front and around 2kgmm for
    the rear.. if you can find 4kgmm and 3kgmm respectively that would be a very nice combo for your daily driven car plus hindi ganun katagtag

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
drop ng lowering springs