New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    doble pala siya ng 30psi na rating for my tires. hmmm is it worth it kaya na magdonut na lng ako for spare tire?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    doble pala siya ng 30psi na rating for my tires. hmmm is it worth it kaya na magdonut na lng ako for spare tire?
    best to kung pang city driving lang
    worth it to pag may subwoofer ang tsikot mo (madaling malabas) bawas weight din = bawas FC kahit papano

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A full-sized spare is about 40 pounds (depending on your stock fitment) if it's 15 or 16". Maybe 35-38 pounds for 15" alloy ones with fancy designs.

A donut of the same diameter (it's best to use the tire calculator at http://miata.net/garage/tirecalc to find out what donut size is best for you) is about 19 pounds. There's a weight saving, yes, but whether 20 pounds is meaningful in terms of fuel economy is debateable. A good diet could save me forty more.

The one good reason to use a donut is convenience. If you have a well for a full-sized spare, you can stack all the tools and junk on top of the donut and not have them clutter up your trunk. Weight savings are a bonus, but they're not big enough to justify the purchase... I actually had an issue with a donut... we were travelling full-up with hundreds of pounds of luggage going to Tugegarao in the middle of the night when we got a flat. After unloading the trunk, I discovered, to my horror, that I'd left the full-size spare at home, and had nothing but the donut... and we were over 100 kms from the nearest town, at 3am, with really rugged mountain roads ahead of us. Good thing we were in convoy with my cousin, whose spare tire matched mine. (626 - Accord, same size and lugnut fitment... good to know)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    maraming salamat mga sirs. seems like i'd just keep the stock spare tire. mukhang marami rin palang dapat iconsider when using a donut. at least yung spare ko pareho sa mga tires ko. pwedeng ikabit and forget hehe

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    great info on the tire size calculator! always wanted to know the effects of changing the tire size relative to the speed of the car.

also, good to know that the lugnut of the 626 is similar to the accord.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    A full-sized spare is about 40 pounds (depending on your stock fitment) if it's 15 or 16". Maybe 35-38 pounds for 15" alloy ones with fancy designs.

A donut of the same diameter (it's best to use the tire calculator at http://miata.net/garage/tirecalc to find out what donut size is best for you) is about 19 pounds. There's a weight saving, yes, but whether 20 pounds is meaningful in terms of fuel economy is debateable. A good diet could save me forty more.

The one good reason to use a donut is convenience. If you have a well for a full-sized spare, you can stack all the tools and junk on top of the donut and not have them clutter up your trunk. Weight savings are a bonus, but they're not big enough to justify the purchase... I actually had an issue with a donut... we were travelling full-up with hundreds of pounds of luggage going to Tugegarao in the middle of the night when we got a flat. After unloading the trunk, I discovered, to my horror, that I'd left the full-size spare at home, and had nothing but the donut... and we were over 100 kms from the nearest town, at 3am, with really rugged mountain roads ahead of us. Good thing we were in convoy with my cousin, whose spare tire matched mine. (626 - Accord, same size and lugnut fitment... good to know)

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    kung gusto mo kuha ka nalang na rim na tinga tapos lipat mu ung goma mo mas magaan ciya at mas reliable kasi Donut tires minsan pumapalya rin

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i changed my tires from 14''s to 15"s last year but still retained my 14" oem spare tire. i was thinking of getting a 15" donut tire as my spare but i'm told just to retain the old 14" spare tire because it wouldn't be much of a difference anyway if ever i got a flat & used the 14" spare temporarily. in short gastos lang naman daw iyon.

so agreeable po ba ang advice sa akin?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
donut tire