New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Hi guys!

Ano po drawbacks when using offroad tires on city-driving. my ride is a pajero and gustung-gusto ko kase yung macho-look nya pag naka mud tires. pero im just using it within the city. will there be a significant disadvantages with regards to wear & tear, fuel consumption, and riding comfort? kung meron lang sanang A/T tires na kasing macho tingnan, i would opt for it

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    The noise. Some off-road tires may wear quicker / wear unevenly when used only on pavement.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try mo yokohama geolander, imo eto pinaka macho na a/t tires

pros
    Well, they're good on mud and extreme offroad use

cons
    poor braking performance especially on wet surface
    wears out easily on tarmac,
    noisy? well not that much, unless when the tread reaches 50 % or less.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    dati we installed mickey thompson tires m/t on our pajero gen 2.5. maingay sha when it reached 80 kp/h parang mas nagiging maalog. ambilis pang napudpod. guapo nga tingnan. pero meron naman yata mga M/T types na pwedeng pang araw araw.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm using bridgestone MTs for my daily drive mag 3 yrs na this Nov '07. Yun Dunlops na AT ko dati lampas one year lang bagsak na sa standard ko...hehehe. There are soft compound tires which offers better ride as against hard compound but suffers in the wear category.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Other than noise M/T tires wear faster if used mostly for street. A/T tires would be better if you use it for mostly street and want it to look good. But there are also differences in A/T tires, some more bias towards road use and others off road.

Here's a list of some A/T tires with the top of the list being more street bias and the bottom being off road. I think any of the last four on the list would fit the look that you want in a tire. BTW I use the BF Goodrich tire and have gotten complements on the look of it on my truck. Check this site if you want to see what each look like.
    http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...4587&rc=CEBINT

Pirelli Scorpion AT
    Michelin LTX AT
    Good Year Wrangler Silent Armor
    Kumho Venture AT KL78
    Cooper Tires Discoverer ATR
    Pirelli Scorpion ATR
    Bridgestone Dueler AT 694 Revo
    Yokohama Geolander AT+II
    General Grabber AT2
    BF Goodrich All Terrain TA/ko

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i'm using Maxxis Buckshot Mudder. how about sa fuel consumption? meron po bang negative impact ang mga M/T tires?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    tsong i suggest you get the pirelli scorpion, gamit ng tito ko yun sa frontier nya, it lasted 4 years bago siya nagpalit ng panibagong pirellis, pantay pantay ang pagkaubos and for me i never felt any discomfort while riding in on it actually nabawasan pa nga yung parang yanig ng mga passengers pag nadadaan sa mga lubak at humps, anyhow basta imaintain mo lang mga pang ilalim ng tsikot mo and the same thing would happen to you

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Mga sir: What would be your choice between Bridgestone Dueler AT and Pirelli
    Scorpion AT for a 2.5 gen pajero? Thanks in advance.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi All!

ravelcop:

I currently have the BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO on my rig and it's OK.

If you really want an M/T, I hear that the Cooper Tire Discoverer SST with Armortek is really good if you don't want a really hardcore tire.

I hear it's really good on pavement and it's supposed to do well off-road as well.

If ever, I may get these when the time to replace my BFGs come.

Hope this helps.

:regards:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disadvantages of using offroad tires in city driving?