New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    guys may nabili me car ang tire size is 205/45/16 and i need to replace the rear na kasi its getting kalbo na, kaso that specific tire is too expensive, the lowest na nakita ko ay 3200 ang isa i forgot the brand but its made in indonesia. one tire dealer told me na mag 195/50/16 na lang ako pasok din daw yun sa mags ko. para mas makamura daw ako 2400 lang kasi yun. i need other opinions puwde nga ba yun? wala bang magiging problema yun if i place that size of tire sa rear ko? or should i place it in front kaya? or what? thanks po in advance hope somebody could help.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i think its not a big deal...i have 195/50/15 in front and 195/55/15 at the back...no problem so far

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hmmm... anyone else po? how about if i place the bigger once sa front? pwde ba yun? kasi lowered car ko mas drop yung front sa rear. thanks po ulit

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO - unless you car is needs it (like some BMWs have wider rear tires)... stick to same size.

The price difference (3200 less 2400) of 800 pesos per tire is not that much really... would you compromise your car's balance over 1600 pesos?

bigbigcar.com Review: Suzuki Alto

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    IMO - unless you car is needs it (like some BMWs have wider rear tires)... stick to same size.

The price difference (3200 less 2400) of 800 pesos per tire is not that much really... would you compromise your car's balance over 1600 pesos?

bigbigcar.com Review: Suzuki Alto
    i have to agree on this. just go with the same specs...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    like mentioned earlier, go with the same size tires for safety

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sorry i didnt notice that aside from the height difference, the width is not the same din pala...mine is virtually the same (front/rear), it's just the height that's different...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    haaayz ang gastos talaga ng may sasakyan...
    thanks sa advice nyo

different tire size on front and rear