New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am assuming, they replaced left and right ball joints, left and right tie rod ends, and left and right rack ends.
    that's six parts.
    i haven't done suspension in a while. how do these things cost now? 555? oem? japan? taiwan?

so, TS, how does your car's front end suspension feel now?
    per pair sa vios
    ball joint - 1000
    tie rod - 1000

labor nasa almost 800 (for left and right), kasi siningit lang yan sa lower arm suspension bushing replacement.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    meron kaming kotse, mits lancer 92. hanggang ngayon tumatakbo pa. kadalasan sa amin ay replaced lang yung mga lumang ball joint, tie rod. luckily, meron kaming magaling na kakilalang mekaniko for 15 years na at siya nagpapalit. Kaya okey parin kotse. Maghanap ng mekanikong magaling, honest. Sa amin, after a series of four talyers nuon, usually you can pick the best among the group.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Thanks for everyone's reply. Well I was getting no issues at all. But casa told me about the problem but my car showed no issues at all so I didn't fix it. when I took it for installing new tires, they lift the car up and moved the rack end and it was loose and making noise.
    So then I decided to fix it and I took it to a near suspension shop and they said they will repair tie rod, ball joint, rack end and warranty for 1 year for 6000 peso.
    While doing this job, he pulled the black boot frm the rack end and there was alot of oil inside it. They said the power steering oil seal is leaked and needs to be replaced as well.

I tried to shake the rackend after it was fixed and it doesn't make the weird loose noise. However there is 0% difference before and after. No noise, no vibrations etc nothing

4. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by szekan View Post
    Thanks for everyone's reply. Well I was getting no issues at all. But casa told me about the problem but my car showed no issues at all so I didn't fix it. when I took it for installing new tires, they lift the car up and moved the rack end and it was loose and making noise.
    So then I decided to fix it and I took it to a near suspension shop and they said they will repair tie rod, ball joint, rack end and warranty for 1 year for 6000 peso.
    While doing this job, he pulled the black boot frm the rack end and there was alot of oil inside it. They said the power steering oil seal is leaked and needs to be replaced as well.

I tried to shake the rackend after it was fixed and it doesn't make the weird loose noise. However there is 0% difference before and after. No noise, no vibrations etc nothing
    Na resolve ba ung kalampag na tinatawag after the replacements?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12